LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
LyondellBasell is looking for an IT Business Partner with an expertise in Finance and Accounting. The Finance and Accounting Product Team, part of LyondellBasell's Global IT department, is responsible for providing best in class IT solutions to the Finance and Accounting departments. This Product Team manages the planning, successful delivery and ongoing support of all Finance solutions (SAP and non-SAP), collaborating with various IT and business stakeholders. The IT Business Partner is a key position in the discovery and delivery of business solutions and is capable of envisioning potential value for new IT solutions. This position will lead business process, information technology consulting support, systems integration and implementation to the client group for Accounting and Finance Departments.
Achieve primary result in design, automation and integration of the business processes to create value through productivity gains. Improve business performance and decision support. Collaborate between Business Solutions Group and Business Groups to achieve sustained improvement. Responsible for leading consulting services and works to develop a trusting and influential relationship with senior business leaders. Involves active, hands-on participation in diverse, regional and global IT project teams to implement IT projects. This is a demanding role that involves managing multiple projects, juggling multiple priorities and interfacing at all levels of the organization.
High level summary of key tasks includes:
- Lead process design activities with business groups within a specific business process area and/or cross-functional teams to enable achievement of key operating objectives,
- Gather business requirements through leading or participating in system blueprint and design sessions;
- Document, prioritize and sanitize business requirements that are aligned with IT strategies;
- Oversee and provide support during project execution, testing, Go-live and Hypercare phases;
- Oversee on-going operational activities to ensure compliance with our stage gate methodology, operations, and internal controls
- Work with accounting and finance groups to improve operational excellence and lower cost operations.
Roles & Responsibilities
The IT Business Partner anticipates business needs and proactively provides strategically aligned alternatives. The position requires significant interaction with leaders in the company, strategic aptitude, with financial and analytic skills, and ability to effectively communicate and facilitate decisions. Will need to have flexibility to work outside the standard 8 AM - 5 PM working hours to facilitate and drive the project completion with our US, EU and Asia stakeholders. Will need to be available during extended hours to provide technology support which requires being available early mornings to support European team and late evenings to support Asia and Australia. Working with departments to extract source data needed. Providing technology support to teams and resolving issues quickly.
An example of the duties performed on recent projects:
- Meeting with business team to understand pain points and process issue
- Working through charter to define the project, update scope, initial requirements, benefits of project, secure resources
- After project kick-off, work with business team on capturing requirements, determining in-scope and out of scope items, must-haves and nice to haves, drafting AS IS process map and TO BE process map
- Leading meetings with external vendors and IT team as well as meetings with the business
- Meeting with IT development team resources to review requirements, review development options, and assist in design of solution
The above major outgoing responsibilities describe only the essential job functions and are not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. All job functions must be performed in accordance with Client Corporate policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, or Computer Information Systems.
- 5+ years of technical, business, or management experience in increasingly responsible positions.
- Demonstrated skills in working with teams, project management and improvement projects.
- Able to adapt and work with people with different styles and personalities.
- Possess solid communication skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Interface within IT to communicate support needed and resolve issues quickly.
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task assignments from various subgroups within the Accounting and Finance departments and complete assignments in fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated; takes initiative; identifies and addresses issues; works efficiently with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, decision making, and critical thinking skills.
Demonstrates significant relevant experience in the following:
- Must have led at least 2 major technology implementation projects (able to demonstrate leadership on the project)
- Combination of business process re-engineering and/or IT systems implementation is required.
- Experience and demonstrable understanding of end-to-end business process in finance
- Familiar with various technologies and curiosity in learning new systems. Aptitude to learn technologies being introduced or developed within the company including software products such as Microsoft Business Intelligence software (PowerPivot, PowerQuery, etc.), Alteryx and SharePoint.
- Microsoft Access experience is preferred and experience with manipulating and completing calculations on large amounts of data.
- Experience creating financial data models and Tableau Dashboards a plus. Data warehousing, process improvements, data blending and data analytics.
- Project management or Six Sigma skills to facilitate excellent execution in projects and initiate process improvements.
- Experience in delivering Waterfall and Agile projects.
Able to identify and capture process improvement opportunities, automation alternatives and organizational readiness activities to achieve sustained benefits. Ability to demonstrate strong collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills. Capability of establishing influential and collaborative relationships at various organizational levels. Other Core Competencies include: Project Management Skills including documenting processes, recognizing process enhancement opportunities, and an aptitude for accounting systems-based processes. Analytical Skills including the ability to identify and appropriately elevate issues and concerns. Communication skills effective writing, listening, and presentation skills. Teaming Skills including working in teams and building trust and commitment throughout the organization. Time Management including managing priorities, delivering on-time, and keeping the first things first.
- CPA, Six Sigma or relevant IT certification highly preferred.
- OneStream and SAP (specifically, SAP FICO); extensive experience and knowledge of SAP is preferred.
- Big 4, Accenture or consulting experience PREFERRED
CompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston