The role of the position of Associate in the Energy+ Advisory and Project Finance team is to assist in the origination and execution of Project Finance Debt Advisory, Acquisition Finance, and Equity Private Placement Advisory across the entire Energy chain (oil & gas, from select upstream to downstream, petrochemicals and power, renewables and new energy transition technologies).
Main day-to-day responsibilities includes:
- Assume primary responsibility for cash flow modelling, ensuring accuracy and reliability of model output and sensitivities scenarios
- Perform credit analysis and preparation of credit applications
- Assist in transaction due diligence process and reports, and in the review of loan documents
- Manage admin requirements including internal pricing, client on-boarding, permanent supervision etc.
- Participate in the development of marketing pitches and the preparation of indicative term sheets and proposals
- Participate in the development and maintenance of client relationship i.e. visiting client with senior bankers to deliver pitches
- Liaise with other banks to explain deal structures and aid in sell down and syndication of loans
- Keep up with industry trends.
- General support, as required, within Energy Project Finance, including contribution to effective teamwork within the global team and with other groups in the bank.
Skills and experience of a successful candidate:
- 3+ of experience in a related field such as banking or the energy industry
- Excellent credit, analytical, and numerical skills and a prior degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, etc.
- Excel fluency and financial modelling capacity
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills in English
- Strong interest in the energy industry
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure
- Cashflow or valuation modelling experience
Behavior attributes of a successful candidate:
- Innovative, Self-starting, Resilient
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, pressure-orientated environment, and deliver under tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a team structure
- Ability to work in close co-operation with other business lines
The Energy + Group at Société Générale has had a long-standing presence in energy project finance, and a market-leader position in advising and lending to multi-billion dollar projects in the Americas region. The team is based in two locations, New York and Houston. We also have teams globally in the Europe, Asia, and Australia. In providing our advice and funding, we collaborate with specialists across the range of energy subsectors in which project finance and acquisition finance are utilized, including select offshore upstream; midstream, including oil and gas pipelines/processing, storage, LNG; petrochemicals, refining, and fertilizers; power and renewables; and energy transition technologies.
In addition to our debt advisory and lending business, we can support clients with a full spectrum of capital solutions through the wider Global Banking and Investor Services division that entails M&A, Equity Capital Markets, Private Placements, Debt Capital Markets, Project Bonds, and interest rate hedging.
The Associate Energy Project Finance position advertised is for the Houston office of the Energy+ Group.