Ref ID: 04130-0011578506
Classification: Internal Audit Manager/Director
Compensation: $140000.00 to $180000.00 yearly
A services firm in the Galleria area is looking for an Internal Audit Director. The Internal Audit Director manages all internal audit activities to ensure that company policies, and procedures are followed. They will also provide an independent assurance that a sound internal control environment exists, in order to support the growth of the business.
• Perform planning, fieldwork and reporting phases of SOX 404 internal control assessments
• Perform planning, fieldwork and reporting phases of internal audit projects
• Documents and tests the control environment for Internal Controls over Financial Reporting to ensure the Company’s SOX compliance.
• Develops audit programs and internal control questionnaires for new assignments and revises existing programs and questionnaires and determines scope of audit coverage
• Performs follow-up audits with leadership to ascertain implementation of recommendations; and appraises the adequacy of the corrective action.
• Assist with the completion of process improvement focus reviews, special investigation/fraud audits.
• Provide insights and recommendations on improvements to the individual business’
• Handles process inquiries and walk troughs with process owners.
• Maintains compliance with GAAP and SOX regulations.
• Develop and implement internal auditing policies, procedures, and program.
• Supervise, conduct, and report on the testing and adequacy of internal controls.
• Maintains schedules to assure deadlines are met
• Ensure effective and efficient execution of audits in conformance with professional and departmental standards, budgets, and timelines.
• Supervise auditing of establishments, and determine scope of investigation required
• Evaluates system deficiencies and communicates the results of audit and consulting projects via clear, concise, and written reports and oral presentations to management.
• Assists in managing audit staff; planning, organizing, directing and monitoring Internal Audit operations. Assists in hiring, training and evaluating staff and taking corrective actions to address performance, as necessary.
• Provides budget and input to the development of the annual internal audit plan.
• Contribute to the direction and focus of the Internal Audits activities through active engagement in risk assessment, audit planning, and continuous monitoring processes. Understanding the comprehensive vision on managing model risk and actively influence the Banks culture to exceed best practices on model hygiene.
Ideal candidate will have
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA (Certified Public Accountant) required
• Minimum of 10 to 15 years relevant audit management experience, with 7 of those in a supervisory position
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) required.
• Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and financial reporting.
• Experience working with automated ledger applications
• Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
• Ability to be a self-starter and resolve issues with minimal supervision.
Compensation is up to 175K plus bonus.
For confidential consideration please forward your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]