TalentWell is seeking an Insurance Verification Representative for a role within a corporate office supporting a medical laboratory in the Webster, TX area.
- Full time hours
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm; Occasional Saturdays
- Competitive benefits package including comprehensive healthcare plan
- 9 paid holidays and three weeks PTO
- Retirement IRA matching plan
Essential Job Functions:
- Verify all incoming assigned toxicology, oral, nasopharyngeal, and blood samples via phone or online.
- Accurately identify federal VS commercial insurance policies.
- Accurately identify networks such as MultiPlan, First Health, ChoiceCare, etc.
- Read benefit information and accurately route samples based off the insurance carrier, policy benefits, and provided routing guidelines.
- Make self-pay collection calls and obtain payment information over the phone.
- File and obtain prior-authorization (PA) on policies that require PA and/or assist clinics in obtaining PA.
- Accurately enter routing details, patient demographics, insurance, and provider data into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Communicate and work closely with internal/external marketers, team members, and clinic/collectors to obtain missing information needed in order to process and bill samples in a timely manner.
- Work on assigned holds via the daily hold log.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- 1+ years of verification experience preferred.
- Availability to work 1+ Saturdays a month and OT as needed.
- Availability to be scheduled as on-call for most Holidays.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and follow procedures/guidelines that have been provided via email or printed and handed out.
- Some experience working with Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word (beginner level).
- Must work well in a team environment and will perform daily responsibilities in a lab setting.
- Must be able to move about the facility, squat, reach, pull lift, and use hands and fingers and other fine motor tasks.
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English.
TalentWell is a National recruitment firm with headquarters located in Houston Texas. We specialize in contract-to-hire and permanent placement positions across a number of industries including oil & gas, manufacturing, and healthcare. We offer all of our employee’s excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans. TalentWell is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce.