UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealthcare, we are expected and empowered to do our life’s best work. As part of the Operations Training team, the Instructional Designer designs technical and effective role-based training which helps enable our staff to do their best work.
- Identify performance and development needs and recommend training solutions
- Leverage the ADDIE/SAM instructional design framework to design effective learning solutions which are learner-centered, organized, accurate, agile and engaging
- Leverage a variety of learning development tools to develop training that utilizes a blended learning approach including instructor led, simulation, Web-based and e-learning
- Update and improve content on new systems in a fast paced and changing environment
The preferred lcoation for this position is Horsham, PA or Milwaukee, WI. Telecommuters will also be considered.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience designing ILT and eLearning trainings in a corporate environment
- 2+ years of experience working in an instructional design role
- Experience in building engaging blended learning programs including simulations, eLearning, ILT, independent learning modules
- Experience engaging stakeholders and subject matter experts in analyzing training needs
- Experience with Office 365 suite of applications
- Able to provide work samples
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience designing technical and/or software training (live and virtual)
- Experience with Articulate Suite, Storyline, Captivate, or equivalent online learning development tools
- Experience in conducting learning needs analysis (ADDIE Model)
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, influence, collaboration and listening skills and drives for results individually and in a team setting
- Solid analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving and fact-based decision-making abilities
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: instructional designer, instructional design, technical training, ADDIE, SAM, ILT, e-learning, Storyline, Captivate, Storyline, Horsham, PA, Pennsylvania, Milwaukee, WI, Wisconsin