Assist the Chief Information Officer (CIO) in development and implementation of the Information Technology (IT) annual financial plan. Responsible for maintaining and balancing IT’s operating and capital budgets. Provides statistical analysis, special reports, statistical data, database management, and graphics for the presentation of qualitative and quantitative financial information. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Constructs, reviews, analyzes, evaluates and oversees the budget for the Information Technology Department.
- Prepares spending authorizations for review by executive management and Board.
- Ensures the Department’s financial information is accurate and correctly entered into the METRO’s budget system.
- Assist with monthly IT variance analysis.
- Develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations.
- Identifies trends and developments in the IT budget and presents findings to the CIO and IT management staff.
- Performs financial forecasting and reconciliation of internal accounts and includes constructing variance explanations.
- Tracks and reports year-end accrual information to IT management and Accounting.
- Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately. Reviews results with appropriate manager and prepares corrective actions.
- Oversees the IT procurement process, reviews all procurement and expenditure requests for budget compliance.
- Maintains necessary documentation and report files for analysis, compliance, and audit purposes.
- Manages IT telephone and telecommunication accounts for METRO.
- Tracks timely renewal information for all hardware and software maintenance renewals and ensures timely requisition creation for purchase renewals as required.
- Coordinates IT payables, account assignments, and invoice pre-processing activities
- Prepares and delivers timely, well-organized and informative presentation of work.
- Prepares special projects as assigned.
- Provides excellent customer service to METRO internal and external customers.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or a related field required.
Years & Experience Required
Minimum of four (4) years of experience in the areas of budget, procurement, project management and/or statistical analysis. Experience in an Information Technology environment preferred.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Working knowledge of financial best practices and commonly used budget/financial concepts and procedures. Proficient PC skills with expertise with Microsoft Office and related standard office software; familiarity with budget systems and Sharepoint. Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, customer service and organizational skills.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.