LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
This job posting is for Information Technology Intern candidates only. Other submissions will not be reviewed or considered.
The IT Security Technologist Intern will work as a member of our vulnerability assessment team within our IT Security organization over the course of the summer internship program. In the IT Security organization, the intern will acquire hands-on experience in conducting technology assessments as outlined below. The intern will work directly with the senior 'Red Team' to assist in different areas of assessing the security of our applications and infrastructure.
The IT Security Technologist will have the opportunity to develop their skills and gain an understanding of professional and departmental standards.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Master technologies, techniques and practices specific to vulnerability testing, 'Red Team' exercises, and 'White Hat' exploitation
- Successfully complete LyondellBasell basic forensic processes
- Assist in the development, automation, and delivery of security related metric reports
- Participate and support SIEM log analysis, incident detection, and mitigation scripting
- Provide support to the business in helping them to understand the risks to the business, the priorities, and the remediation recommendations
- Meet with employees in other parts of the business to understand the function being audited, preparing audit work papers and participating in team projects
- Work with departmental mentors to assist in key projects and initiatives
- Drive standardization and proactively recommend improvements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in computer science, IS or IT Security, computer engineering, Data Science & Analytics, or a related study
- Graduate student preferred
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Demonstrated thirst for knowledge and personal growth
- Demonstrated analytical and cognitive thinking skills, with an ability to think broadly across systems
- 2 years of prior work experience (inclusive of developing a private lab, infrastructure, darknet, or similar environment)
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Must be highly self-sufficient and able to make self-directed decisions as well as support other team members in the department
- Willingness to work in an ambiguous environment and tolerant to iterative work processes
CompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Not Eligible for Referral Bonus.
Nearest Major Market: Houston