Teledyne Gas & Flame Detection has brought together industry leading products to provide our customers with fixed-point and portable gas detectors and controllers with proven reputations for quality and reliability. Every second of every day, our hazardous gas detection monitors are making workplaces like these safer around the world.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
This position supports the Trade Compliance Leads for the business’ division or segment with the ongoing local development, implementation and management of the import and export compliance functions in compliance with corporate import and export policies for the assigned location/s. The role demands high communication and collaboration skills, and a strong import and export trade background. The Trade Compliance Specialist will support the location/s in managing imports and exports, interacting with all of the various functional areas, the designated Trade Compliance Lead for the assigned locations, and Teledyne’s Corporate International Trade Compliance (“CITC”) office
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring effective import and export compliance at their business unit, in accordance with U.S. and international import and export laws and regulations and Teledyne Technologies corporate import and export compliance policies and procedures.
- Ensure and support appropriate management accountability and responsibility for import and export compliance.
- Maintain import and export compliance procedures and program documentation, including product export classification and regulatory jurisdiction; licensing and administration; denied party, proliferation and diversion screening; technology transfers; deemed exports; import and export documentation; anti-boycott reporting; trade data points including HTS classification, country of origin and FTA determination, valuation, etc.; broker and forwarder management; recordkeeping; audits and training.
- Prepare license applications, international permits, technical assistance agreements and other request for licenses and approvals
- Prepare the preliminary analysis for licensing reviews for technology transfers, including marketing materials, proposals and engineering data
- Act as import and export compliance liaison to sales representatives, distributors, customers and other third parties, as required.
- Review import and export filings for accuracy and compliance with customs regulations and CITC policies and procedures.
- Provide quarterly and yearly reporting of relevant trade compliance data to CITC.
- Assist the Trade Compliance Lead in conducting regular import and export compliance training for senior management, engineers, scientists, shipping, sales and marketing and other functions involved in importing and exporting
- Assist the Trade Compliance Lead in conducting periodic audits and self-audits and implementing corrective action, as required..
- Assist the Trade Compliance Lead and CITC with investigations of any incidences of purported non-compliance with import and import and export laws and regulations
- Attend the CITC annual conference
- Attend external third-party import and import and export training seminars as required
- Other trade compliance duties as assigned
- Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a related field and 2-5 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specific Export Controls Experience
Familiarity with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Export Administration Regulations, Customs Regulations, and Office of Foreign Assets Control Regulations; ability to apply technical knowledge of regulations to business transactions; and experience with automated denied party screening systems and U.S. Government on-line license application procedures strongly preferred.
Specific Customs Experience
Experience with Free Trade Agreement qualifications a plus.
Experience with duty drawback a plus.
- S. Person for access to ITAR-Controlled Technical Data.
ITAR regulations dictate that information and material pertaining to defense and military related technologies (for items listed on the US Munitions List) may only be shared with US Persons unless authorization from the Department of State is received or a special exemption is used.
A 'U.S. person' can be
- A U.S. citizen;
- A permanent resident who does not work for a foreign company, a foreign government, or a foreign governmental agency/organization;
- A political asylee;
- A part of the U.S. government, or
- A corporation, business, organization, or group that is incorporated in the United States under U.S. law.
A foreign person is any person who is not a lawful permanent resident of the US and includes foreign governments and organizations.
Experience and Skills Required
- Strong knowledge / experience of Customs regulations for import and export compliance, policies, documentation, and processes
- Detailed knowledge of HTS and Customs Procedure Codes
- Good understanding of Free Trade Agreements
- Good understanding of export controls as they apply to general commercial product lines.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excels at and enjoys problem solving
- Strong computer skills, ERP skills a plus
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call (855)479-1480. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.