LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
Looking for a great career as a Designer? If so, we would like to speak with you! Our La Porte site is looking for talented personnel to join the Project Team, performing routine design assignments, which require knowledge and skill in basic drafting techniques, procedures, and knowledge of certain industry standards under close supervision. Assignments are designed to further develop the incumbent's job knowledge and abilities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develops under close supervision, CADD drawings from design sketches or catalog information.
- Marks up works in progress for others to draft (or CADD).
- Prepares simple engineering and constructions drawing from scratch, sketches or verbal instruction, utilizing manual or computer-assisted drafting/design techniques.
- Performs related fundamental engineering support tasks such as updating computer lists, filing prints, distributing drawings, making simple calculations, proofreading reports, compiling Bills of Material, etc.
- May utilize information from vendor prints, catalogs, technical manuals, etc.
- Field notes are neatly arranged, accurate and complete.
- Sketches are readable by anyone and include all pertinent dimensions, notes and job number.
- All material is signed and dated with job number.
- Keeps supervisor informed of progress.
- Quality assurance for personal work assignments.
- Supports field assignments as required.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Basic drafting technology from a vo-tech or other applicable program.
- Designer - Level I: Minimum of 1-4 years of technical work experience or equivalent education in an Associate or Bachelor's Degree program for the relevant discipline
- Designer - Level II: Minimum of 5-9 years of technical work experience or equivalent education in an Associate or Bachelor's Degree program for the relevant discipline.
- Designer - Level III: Minimum of 10+ years of technical work experience or equivalent education in an Associate or Bachelor's Degree program for the relevant discipline.
CompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston