Identity & Access Manager
iSphere is currently se eking an experienced Mgr., Identity & Access Management (IAM) for a 6+ month contract in Houston, TX . This p osition directly reports to VP of Cyber & Information Security . Position will analyze, design , and support program s that aim to verify and validate appropriate user privileges, assigned credentials, & conduct behavior training . Engage multiple stakeholders and leverage related security products or technologies to recommend solution architectures and designs needed to monitor and report on IAM related data. Integrate disparate IAM data from multiple sources into a singular database for correlation and presentation. Maintain responsibility for articulating and authoring multiple findings, recommendations, and other artifacts, including interfacing with key stakeholders to implement tailored IAM solutions.
The IAM is a leadership role that requires an individual with a strong information technology background. In this role you will collaborate closely with the various Information Technology teams and stakeholders in the business to ensure that identifies are effectively managed to protect the enterprise, and that best practices are implemented uniformly across the company. To help create secure, standardized and automated Identity and Access Management process, the ideal candidate will have prior proven experience with Identity & Access Management systems and be familiar with the entire lifecycle (joiner, mover, leavers) of logical access management for internal and external users across various platforms, databases, privileged access, reconciliation, cloud and integration with credential stores.
The IAM should have expertise in leading project teams and developing and managing projects is essential for success in this role. In addition to supporting the organizations’ security policies and strategies, the IAM must be able to prioritize work efforts — balancing operational tasks with longer-term strategic security efforts. Other project management tasks will include resource balancing across multiple IT and security teams, task prioritizing and project reporting. Vendor relationship management — ensuring that service levels and vendor obligations are met — is also an important aspect of the position.
Specific job duties or deliverables that the position requires which will also measure performance:
- Manage a team of 5
- Have a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of complex and highly technical Identity & Access Management concepts and principles of Cybersecurity.
- Strong knowledge of se curity concepts in technologies
- Define and document functional and technical requirements for integrating new or existing IAM platforms including provisioning, de-provisioning and integration of applications for authentication
- Make strategic architectural recommendations related to technology direction and standards for logical access security.
- Collaborate with infrastructure and application development teams on methods to integrate from application security and integration perspective.
- Partner with application development teams to integrate with authentication service and implement best practices for authentication and authorization requirements for internal and external applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot solution integration issues with application development teams during various SDLC phases including development, testing, UAT.
- Good working knowledge of a broad range of standards and frameworks — for example, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, International Standards Organization (ISO) 27001, IT Infrastructure Library and ISO 20000, Capability Maturity Model Integration and Six Sigma, etc. and relation application or controls.
- A minimum of ten years of IT experience, with five years with a logical access security focus and at least three years in a supervisory capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, or related field .
- 5 + years’ experience using one or more identity and access management tools. ( e.g . Okta , Ping, Onelogin , Centrify , Auth0, AWS Cognito , FIM, CyberArk, SailPoint , Oracle Identity Manager ) .
- 5 + years’ experience using one or more privilege identity and access management tools. ( e.g . CyberArk, Thyotic , etc.) .
- Broad working knowledge of NIST Cybersecurity Framework, International Standards Organization (ISO) 27001 and 27002, and overall best business practices associated with IT Security.
- Strong project management skills and experience in creating and managing project plans, including budgeting and resource allocation.
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and documenting security architecture and plans, including strategic, tactical and project plans.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze security requirements and relate them to appropriate security controls.
- An understanding of operating system internals and network protocols.
- Master’s degree
- One or more of the following certifications in area of specialty are preferred. Examples include CompTIA, CISSP, CSSLP, CISA, CISM, GIAC certs, ITIL, CFE, CNP, CEH
- ISIM support
- Java development experience
iSphere provides our potential consultants with direct access to top area clients and decision makers frequently resulting in a quicker interview and hiring process. For our selected candidates, our recruiters provide resume and career coaching, interview preparation, knowledge of local compensation trends, and try to get to know you as a person all while providing as clear and consistent communication with you as possible.
Many of our consulting roles offer the possibility to transition to staff assignments with our client companies for those candidates that are interested and can serve as an excellent chance to try an environment out before making a long-term career commitment to an organization.
iSphere offers several choices of major medical plans as well as the opportunity to participate in 401K and profit sharing plans.
Client access, flexibility, and support for your long-term goals; get more at iSphere
Building on a foundation of individual care and commitment for over 20 years, iSphere continues to grow by setting the standard for better service to both our IT consultants and the clients we serve.
As Corporate and Government solution strategists and architects, iSphere provides innovative products, professional services, and staff to help private and public sector clients achieve their goals and transform their technology driven business models. Clients partner with us to deliver successful business-IT strategy, top technology systems and bright IT talent.
Partners to the energy and financial trading, healthcare, education, and government sectors, iSphere’s team of skilled consultants are experts at solving business and technology challenges with advanced IT solutions.
With an unflagging work ethic, a cohesive team, and a passion for innovative service and solutions, our clients know they can depend on iSphere.