Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Documenting inbound discrepancies using an electronic Problem Log
- Communicating with internal and external teams to validate/verify all issues and discrepancies
- Physically segregate product to a quarantine area until the exception has been resolved
- Make adjustments to inbound paperwork and/or system (WMS) parameters to accurately reflect the resulting disposition
- Upon resolution of the exception, ensure product is physically and systemically dispositioned per the approved resolution
- Proficient in multiple processes with the ability to communicate effectively
- Identify inability to learn tasks and present materials in multiple ways to help employees understand.
- Perform work safely and in accordance with company and customer standards and safety regulations. Report unsafe conditions or accidents to the appropriate person.
- Build relationships with managers and employees
- Operational support for product activities as-needed (picking, packing, shipping, other)
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
Details/Specification/Explanation of the role specific skills
- High school diploma or GED and 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook or ability to learn.
- Prior experience in departmental specific processes.
- Prior experience using warehouse material handling equipment
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be safety conscience.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player. With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 30 pounds.
We offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
The option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
The option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
We offer direct deposit to all employees.
On a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity