Why take an Accountant role with this company?
- Amazing office with great company culture
- The position is open due to growth.
- Get to see the corporate and the family office side of this organization
- Work with two individuals who have been with the company for over 10 years.
- Ability to see new Investments come on board
Perks of the Accountant role:
- Very visible role.
- Strong medical benefit package
- 40-hour workweek. Minimal overtime
- 8% match on 401K!
- Work from home Mondays & Fridays!
- Participate in luncheons, happy hours and office team outings.
- Truly see all aspects of accounting. This is NOT a siloed position.
What the Accountant will do…
- Accounting and reporting for a management company.
- Prepare quarterly reports for Board of Director meetings.
- Responsible for preparation of audited financials including schedules, footnotes and responding to auditor requests for external audit.
- Prepare budgeting and forecasting schedules for annual budget.
- Perform monthly and quarterly closing duties including but not limited to:
- Bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and upload journal entries
- Recurring journal entries
- Journal entries to record depreciation.
- Record management income.
- General Ledger account reconciliations (payroll liabilities, suspense, etc.)
- Maintain fixed asset schedule and corresponding depreciation/amortization.
- Review detailed GL and Trial Balance.
- Perform duties related to certain family-owned entities, trusts, and private foundations:
- Processing invoices to include seeking approvals, coding, and working with Treasury and AP to see payments through completion.
- Coding deposits as needed.
- Monthly and quarterly close process.
- Financial reporting on a quarterly and semi-annual basis.
- Assist with annual audits.
- Prepare annual budgets.
- Special projects as assigned.
What the company needs in an Accountant:
- BBA - Accounting
- Three plus years of accounting experience.
- Uncompromised reputation for discretion, honesty, and personal integrity.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills.
- Ability to multi-task