Hilltop is seeking a Human Resource Specialist to add to our growing Human Resources team. This person will work closely with the Director of Human Resources and Talent Manager to care for and support all Hilltop employees. The ideal candidate has a heart for servant leadership and will balance a variety of People functions, specifically focusing on Hilltop’s employee engagement & experience. This person will work diligently to ensure all Hilltop employees are respected, heard, valued and appreciated through day-to-day communication and support.
Hilltop Residential is a world-class real estate investment company that provides unparalleled excellence to our customers and investors. Hilltop Residential was founded in 2017 and currently owns and operates $1.5 billion of multifamily properties throughout the major markets in Texas and the southeastern United States.
Hilltop is a certified Great Place to Work three years in a row, as well as being named a Top Workplace by the Houston Chronicle. We are searching for motivated and talented individuals to be a part of our growing Hilltop family.
Hilltop Residential Offers Great Benefits!
• Competitive Pay • 401k with Company Match • Comprehensive Medical and Dental plans • Paid Vision Plan • Paid Life Insurance • Employee Referral Program • Short and Long-Term Disability • Paid Time Off • Employee Rent Discount Program • Rapidly Growing Company with Opportunities for Growth
- Organize, prioritize, and execute tasks involving a large volume of highly confidential and time-sensitive information
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including leave administration, Workers Compensation, employment verifications, unemployment claims, performance management, progressive discipline, and terminations
- Respond to inquiries from employees related to employment, 401K, and other human resources matters in a timely manner
- Responsible for onboarding all new employees, to include administering drug tests and background checks, I-9 eligibility verification, uniform ordering, and inputting employee data into payroll and benefit programs
- Annual open enrollment management and ongoing benefits liaison for all employees
- Implement and administer annual compliance trainings, continuing education, and safety trainings both in person and online
- Evaluate and implement new products offered through the company’s HRIS third party provider
- Administer the annual performance review program, to include training managers and collecting reviews ensuring timely completion companywide
- Prepare annual compensation reports for leadership review to determine bonuses and pay increases
- Update employee records in HRIS with changes in employment status, pay changes, position changes, etc.
- Maintain and monitor time off balances and process payroll for all Corporate employees
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Assist with employee recognition programs to include the planning of Hilltop’s annual award ceremony and party and other employee recognitions throughout the year
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related required
- 2 or more years Work experience in Human Resources and/or Property Management required
- Experience with open enrollment and benefits administration strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS system, Paylocity
This position reports directly to the Director of Human Resources and Talent Manager and will office out of our Corporate Office located at 9 Greenway Plaza in Houston, TX.
Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications—not race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship or any other status or characteristic covered by federal, state or local law.