Sterling Oaks Rehabilitation
25150 Lakecrest Manor Dr. Katy, TX 77493
P: 281-347-8200 | F: 281-347-8201
About the Position:
The Human Resources/ Payroll Coordinator in long term care serves in a vital role in the overall success of a center. Not only does this person serve as the facility's employment "first impression", you will also play an integral role in ensuring the success of the team by providing guidance on HR policy/procedure. This takes a strong, experienced, and enthusiastic Human Resources/ Payroll Coordinator to keep things moving in the right direction. If you are ready to jump into a fast-paced HR position in long-term care, where your career can only continue to grow, the role of Human Resources/ Payroll Coordinator may be perfect for you!
The Human Resources/ Payroll Coordinator assists in planning, developing, organizing, implementing and evaluating HR functions and activities of the facility including: maintaining personnel files, recruitment, employee retention, payroll, and assisting staff development with new employee orientation; explaining personnel policies, procedures, payroll, and other regulations. The Human Resources/ Payroll Coordinator assists department heads with staffing needs to include direct mail, hosting/attending job fairs, developing/placing employment advertisements and networking within local employment resources and the local employment community. They promote the implementation of facility-sponsored recruitment and retention programs; assist department heads in the development and implementation of programs designed to improve staff recruitment and retention. The Human Resources/ Payroll Coordinator also advises Administrator of recruiting and compensation trends in the local market; conducts periodic wage surveys to ensure local market competitiveness, as directed.
- 2 + years of experience as HR/Payroll Coordinator in a long term care environment preferred
- 1+ years of experience with recruitment and retention preferred, but not required
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with all types of personnel
- Knowledgeable of administrative practices and procedures as well as laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to employment, wage and hour, labor relations, etc.
- KRONOS payroll experience required
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English Language
- Able to react to emergency situations appropriately when required
All of our employees are valued and receive a competitive hourly rate; our full time team members are valued and offered a benefit package designed to fit their needs and those of their family, which includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance/ Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Short and Long-Term Disability Options
- Tuition Reimbursement & Nursing Loan Repayment Programs
- 401 (k) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- DailyPay option available! - Get your pay, when you need it.
- MetLife Auto and Home Insurance - employee discount available
- Helping Friends Foundation
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Tickets at Work - entertainment ticket discounts
- Purchasing Power - online purchase/payroll deduction
- In-facility education programs and more!
*Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Vets/Disabled. Drug-free/Smoke-free work environment.