Element has an opportunity for a Human Resources Manager to partner with the Aerospace and Defense leadership teams and the Aerospace and Defense Human Resources Director. In this role you will provide strategic and tactical HR counsel and support. This position plays a key support role in ensuring that HR policies, procedures, tactics and methods in support of Element’s overall HR strategy are communicated and implemented properly and consistently throughout the assigned organization and at all stages of the employee life cycle. Role to be based in Houston.
- Support talent acquisition activities
- Implement and oversee employee onboarding/orientation process throughout the Aerospace and Defense facilities
- Partner with leadership on Performance Management
- Work with appropriate individuals to ensure compensation levels are consistent with experience and expectations and the external market across the various covered sites
- Work to ensure facility-level compliance with applicable federal and state employee-related regulations. Includes OSHA, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, etc
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years’ hands-on experience in an HR professional/generalist/manager role
- PHR/SPHR designation would be advantageous but not required
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local Human Resources-related regulations
- Willingness to travel as needed to various facilities
NOTE: This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or U.S. Government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the employer obtaining the necessary export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, the U.S. Department of State’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.