Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Human Resources Manager based in Houston, TX.
This position will work under the direction of the Human Resources Director in support of the Occidental Oil & Gas Headquarters Human Resources Group. In this role, the HR Manager will partner with clients at all levels of the organization to provide support and consultation in the key disciplines of Human Resources, i.e. recruitment, compensation, employee development and engagement, employee relations, performance management, and workforce planning.
The position will also initiate and lead HR Development related projects for deployment across business units and headquarters groups. This role provides excellent internal customer service and supports initiatives and programs that will drive the strategic direction of the company.
Essential Job Duties:
- Consults with and advises Headquarters leadership on assigned area’s HR strategies including recruiting, retention, organizational planning, training, compensation, employee development/engagement, performance management, and other human resources initiatives
- Advises, counsels, and guides management and employees on the proper use and interpretation of human resources policies, plans, and programs
- Functions as an internal consultant to leaders on achieving business goals
- Liaisons with HR professionals in headquarters, other domestic business units, and foreign business units to facilitate employee movement and collaboration
- Develops competitive offers for new hires and internal transfers
- Facilitates employee development and training initiatives through administration of performance management program and related programs
- Responsible for working investigations and employee relations issues/concerns
- Consults on compensation, policies and other Company programs
- Assists managers in preparation of strategic data, analysis, and reports as requested
- Demonstrates effective communication style with employees and managers, and is available as needed when urgent business matters arise
- Works with centralized HR Support Services team to ensure all employee transactions (new hires, transfers, personnel change requests, etc.) are managed effectively
- Participates in projects and special initiatives within and outside the HR function as assigned
- Supervises HR Headquarters HRBP and HR Coordinator. Mentors other HR Advisors and Associates, as needed