ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for day to day human resources activities.
Human Resources Generalist has the following duties:
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures and documentation.
- Coordinate resolution of specific policy and procedural problems and inquires.
- Involved in employment, labor relations and training/development activities.
- Conduct “on-boarding” activities and training.
- Assist with interviewing job applicants, reviewing applications, evaluating applicants’ skills and making hiring recommendations to hiring manager.
- Assist with preparing and maintaining company salary structure, job documentation and job evaluation systems.
- Providing human resource advice and consultation to employees and management;
- Coach and counsel employees and management in the area of employment law, performance management, conflict management, and resolution following company policies;
- Work with local management to develop and maintain a culture of open and honest dialogue;
- Manage the recruitment process for the locations. This may include assisting with interviewing job applicants, reviewing applications, evaluating applicants’ skills, and making hiring recommendations to the hiring manager.
- Generate and assist with state and federal reporting (EEO-1, AAP, Vets 4212, etc.)
- Investigate and resolve employee complaints and concerns;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follow all company operating procedures, standards, policies, and training to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the site.
- Play an active role in the ALS safety program by correcting or reporting unsafe acts and conditions that are observed during day to day operations to create a zero-injury work environment.
- Participate in and support HSE initiatives, as required by ALS leadership.
- Ensure business is conducted in accordance with Core Values:
- Safety as a Priority
- Honesty and Integrity
- Exceeding Client Expectations
- Belief in Our Ability
- Hard Work and Continuous Improvement
- Doing it Better
- Celebrating Success
- People Development
- Ensure Quality Systems are adhered to in performance, review, and reporting of laboratory duties and communicate all quality issues.
- Support Quality Department and Continuous Improvement Processes.
- Employees commit to improving the ALS experience through effective communication.