Kelly Services is seeking a HR Generalist in South Houston. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing Human Resources support in all areas of the Human Resources function including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, new hire orientation, onboarding, training, and organizational development
- Support the coordination of the full recruitment cycle activities to include: posting of job openings, conducting phone screenings, coordinating interviews with hiring managers, and performing reference checks.
- Work with external recruiters to coordinate temporary hires for office and the shop – depending on demand.
- Participate in the new hire and termination process to include, but not limited to: I-9 verification, New Hire Orientation and Onboarding.
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of employee files ensuring that all records are maintained in accordance with company policy and any applicable laws.
- I-9 maintenance and audits.
- Coordinate benefits annual enrollment meetings. Process benefit enrollments, changes and terminations. Provide assistance to employees with questions regarding benefits.
- Administration of all leave programs (FMLA, disability, medical, and personal leave).
- Maintain employee training records (shop and office employees).
- Support the timely completion of HR initiatives, including performance reviews and merit increases.
- Respond to verification of employment requests.
- Generate and analyze HR metrics reports such as time to hire and employee turnover rate.
- Assist with investigating and resolving employee issues under the direction of the COO
- Work with the HR Business Partner function and external law firm to manage immigration processes.
- Schedule of company employee recognition events, as needed.
- Responsible for acting as back-up receptionist as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management prefer.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of related HR Specialist experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Proficient in administrative and HR operations. Proficient in state and federal labor laws.
Language: Ability to read, speak and write English and Spanish.
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.