SNI Companies is excited to partner with a large non-profit organization in downtown Houston to hire a Human Resources Business Partner!
The successful candidate will have excellent decision-making capabilities and understanding of aligning HR functional area goals to program, agency, and HR strategic planning outcomes.
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for contributing to the company's performance by providing tactical and strategic consulting on people and organization development strategies in support of the business objectives. Performs HR related duties at the professional level while supporting assigned program/s. Will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: talent acquisition and management consultation; employee relations consultation; policy interpretation and application, performance appraisal training, Leave and Worker's Comp administration and professional development.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Provides day-to-day coaching to employees within the assigned program/s on a variety of actions to include but not limited to employee relations, policy interpretation and application, talent management and development; leave administration, etc.
- Partners with program leadership to analyzes trends and metrics to develop HR solutions
- Conducts ongoing supply and demand analysis on current and future state of staffing and skill needs and designs talent acquisition strategies to meet program needs those needs.
- Responsible for the full recruitment lifecycle to include defining, developing, planning and implementing recruiting strategies, identifying, attracting, hiring top talent and that hiring targets are met, managing all job requisitions through the Paycom ATS, providing interview aids, and attending and/or hosting job fairs. Prepares job postings and prescreens candidate applications and resumes for required skills; experience and knowledge to fit position requirements. Makes referrals to hiring manager and ensures efficient turn-around activity. Actively participates in recruitment campaigns; job fairs; college relations programs.
- General networking; etc. to ensure robust candidate pipeline. Grows talent pipeline of qualified candidates. Leverages on-line recruiting resources and identities top talent. Researches and recommends new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting and manages job posting sites internally and externally. Remains current on trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to compete in market and within industry.
- Provides recruitment and onboarding training to assigned program hiring managers as needed.
- Onboards new hires to include all assigned components of the new hire process including processing of applications, on-boarding invitations, eVerify entries, background checks, timely completion of offer letters to include new employee orientation date, and status notifications to hiring authorities. Process and review criminal history record information, pre-employment drug tests, references, and other new hire application materials.
- Facilitates one-two New Employee Orientation (NEO) program annually, includes driving new hires in agency or personal vehicle (as needed) on tours of agency satellite offices throughout the Houston area, and Co-Facilitates NEO as needed.
- Manages FMLA, Medical Leave of Absence (LOA), ADA accommodations and Worker's Compensation. Provides consultation on leave and accommodation policies and procedures. Tracks requests, gathers appropriate support documentation, and provides eligibility notifications and/or updates to supervisors and employees accordingly.
- Provides Human Resources consultative services by effectively coaching and supporting staff and managers through various situations; interprets policies and appropriate application, with awareness of impact and liability and assists in with editing Progressive Corrective Actions/Warnings and Performance Improvement Plans in Paycom.
- Partners with Payroll as needed to provide solutions for clients.
- Partners with assigned programs and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect and provide continual improvements in efficiency and HR services performed.
- Performs audits for their assigned program group -- monthly, yearly and bi-yearly and accurately ensure online employee files are up to date.
- Assists HR Dept. co-workers with projects, reports, correspondence, and other activities as requested and acts as back up to other HR team members as needed.
- And, participate in HR projects, travel to satellite offices, and perform other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree, degree in Human Resource Management or Business preferred
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP required upon hire or within 12 months of hire
Compensation ranges from $58k to $65k annually.
Apply today for immediate consideration!