We have an immediate need for an HR/Recruiting Assistant to help one of our HR Directors support roughly 200 employees. This is an exciting time for e-TeleQuote!! We are rapidly growing and individuals who thrive in a high-growth, changing environment will love the excitement of this position.
- Perform daily Attendance duties for non-exempt employees including but not limited to checking the Attendance line, documenting absences, verifying paid time off and running reports.
- Assist with payroll functions including time punches, reports, verifying paid time off accruals and usage, and fixing errors.
- Provide assistance with recruiting, pre-hire requirement tracking, onboarding of new employees, and ensuring proper documentation associated with each stage.
- Conduct or assist with new hire orientation.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answer frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff.
- Process employee separations, ensuring proper documentation is added to the HRIS, notifications are sent, and any IT equipment is collected.
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provide clerical support to the HR department.
- Assist with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in related field required.
- Prior related office experience preferred.
- Exposure to human resources tasks preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.