Our branch in Houston, TX is in search for an experienced professional to become an integral part of the Human Resource team for the entire Southwest region.
This role will be responsible for administrative support in various area and human resources-related services and deliverables and is a key contributor in creating a culture that inspires and provides the tools for people to be their best. The incumbent will model K&N’s leadership behaviors establishing credibility as a trusted advisor and employee advocate while proactively seeking to improve human capital ROI.
• General executive administrative support for the Regional VP, South West Area including: travel coordination, arranging meetings, event planning, processing expense reports, preparing general office correspondence, creating Power Point Presentations, updating organizational charts for the area, prepares reports, and general correspondence. Supports area meeting projects, memos, announcements, newsletters and meeting minutes.
• Oversee/complete special projects as assigned by Regional VP
Human Resources Responsibilities
• Compile and maintain Diversity / EEO reports.
• Process personnel changes (such as cost center changes, promotions, salary changes, terminations, PLOA) via ADP.
• Maintain local employee e-files, supports with area I-9 forms and visa documentation, including occasional audits of files in HR related systems
• Assist Absence Management with administering employee leaves of absence including Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leaves and Non FMLA leave and short term disability (STD) claims, as well as coordinating leave with paid time off programs, workers’ compensation and long term disability (LTD) claims.
• Local point of contact of Worker’s Comp Reporting to Corporate and Traveler’s while working closely with QSHE.
• Supports with local and area trainings, reports, related Compliance in the HR field Manages HR processes ensuring accuracy, consistency and compliance with K&N policies and guidelines.
• Proactively seeks ways to leverage technology and improve efficiency and effectiveness of core HR processes.
• Oversee/complete special projects as assigned by HR, as they relate to HR related
• Maintain and update HR related local and area communication
• Compile information for and attend unemployment hearings
• Work directly with managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on HR matter
• First level contact for HR related inquiries and disseminates employee requests to HR Business
• Partner with other corporate HR contacts as necessary
• Participate in the investigation and resolution of employee relations issues
• Provide coaching to first and mid-level management on the resolution of sensitive employee situations, including performance improvement, disciplinary actions and terminations.
• Serve as local / area contact for employee benefits information and assist new hires with enrolling in benefits.
• Act as liaison between employees and corporate benefits administrator.
• Conducts annual open-enrollment orientation
• Assists with the preparation of the performance review forms.
• Ensures eligible new hires are promptly enrolled in HCMS
• Ensures corrective action forms are issued to employees with proper HR approvals
• Work with management and the recruiting department to process new hire requisitions and temporary labor.
• Process new hires through automated hiring system; manage onboarding tasks and collection of new hire paperwork.
• Coordinate new hire pre-employment drug screenings.
• Assist with international staff transfers
• Process Terminations and schedule exit interviews
Orientation & Training
• Responsible for conducting new hire orientation.
• Work with local department management and Learning & Development department to schedule training sessions and personal development plans and evaluation, etc. in conjunction with corporate
• HR training and supports with the development of staff by providing resources and guidance to management on available tools
• Assist in the facilitation of global programs and trainee activities to allow personnel to move between different roles and regions.
Your Skills and Experiences
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Organizational Development, Human Resource Management or directly demonstrated related field experience
• Minimum of five (5) years’ current administrative work experience within the manufacturing, transportation, supply chain management, distribution, construction, service, or retail industry.
• Exemplifies K&N’s behavior competencies: Drive & Commitment, Fosters Collaboration & Teamwork, Drives Business & Solutions, Champions Innovation & Transformation, Develops Self & Others, Delivers Customer Excellence
• Communicates confidently, accurately, and effectively in English across all employee levels
• Proven ability to establish trust and credibility with business leaders, line managers, and employees
• Demonstrates appreciation for and seeks to foster a diverse work environment
• Previous success managing the HR function for multiple-location and/or business units client and actively involved in executing HR plans and initiatives
• Proficient knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and experience investigating and resolving Title VII-related workplace claims
• High level proficiency working with PowerPoint, MS Word, Outlook, and MS Excel.
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
• Self-starter, works under general direction but minimum supervision and exercises independent judgment within established systems
• High energy level not easily rattled by competing priorities, rapid and frequent changes, or ambiguity
• Demonstrated willingness to learn and grow
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.