LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
This is an outstanding career opportunity for the experienced HR professional who possesses a track record of success. The HR Professional will have responsibility for the HR partnership role supporting our functions at LyondellBasell' s corporate headquarters in downtown Houston. This position will support all levels of leadership focusing on various Human Resources areas such as employee relations, employee development, talent acquisition, performance management, succession planning, and general HR policies and procedures.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Provide one point of contact for HR support for the designated client groups to assist in the achievement of business goals and objectives, providing partnership with internal client leadership at all levels.
* Acts as a trusted advisor to management, ensuring the establishment of sound management practices, aligned with HR policy procedure and practices, and consistent decision-making processes across the lines of business.
* Works closely with employees and their managers with regards to employee development and career growth.
* Lead the delivery of all HR processes for assigned clients, such as merit planning, performance management, etc.
* Lead the process improvement of HR processes and data requests with zero defects.
* Partner with leaders in the development and implementation of organizational structure changes including identifying impact and assisting in the communication as needed.
* Provide counsel to client leaders to proactively anticipate and address HR issues.
* Handle all employee relations issues.
* Coordinate and lead talent management discussions with assigned business leaders.
* Partner with the business unit and Talent Acquisition to obtain skilled talent.
* Participate in project teams in client organization, providing guidance and support as appropriate.
* Participate in HR teams on HR projects as requested.
* Bachelor's degree with a preference in Business Administration or Human Resources Management.
* Must have solid HR fundamentals and broad-based experience in HR.
* Requires 10+ years of experience in Human Resources with at least 5 years as HR generalist/advisor/coordinator in an independent role with proven increasing responsibilities
* Must have solid HR fundamentals and broad-based experience in HR, including understanding of EEO laws, Affirmative Action and conflict resolution.
* Proficiency working independently in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
* The ability to work with all levels of employees from front line employees to senior management.
* Excellent team building skills, self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Creative problem solver with strong attention to detail, organization, and follow-up skills.
* Strong communication skills to include verbal, written, and interpersonal.
* PHR Certification preferred.
* Masters in Human Resources preferred.
* Global HR experience.
* HR experience supporting corporate functions a plus.
* Experience in the chemical and or oil and gas industry
* Working knowledge of SAP.
CompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston