Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc. (PST), a subsidiary of Linde, Inc, a global industrial gas company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information about PST is available at www.praxairsurfacetechnologies.com.
The Production Technician for the OD/ID Grind shop is responsible for safe, reliable, and efficient operations of associated processing equipment. This is a challenging and rewarding job that requires the employee to exhibit problem solving capabilities and the ability to setup and operate a variety of grinding processes.
- Read, understand, and use Job Instruction routers (JI’s), Job-Safety Analysis’ (JSA), and schedule to accomplish daily production tasks
- Display basic understanding and knowledge regarding safe operation of grind machines being utilized to perform the work
- Demonstrate a basic level of skill and knowledge related to coated parts as sprayed.
- Perform basic math and ability to use gage calibers to determine adherence to customer requirements.
- Perform standard maintenance task and TPM intervals on machines and equipment
- Make minor and routine adjustments to production equipment without assistance.
- Collaborate cross-functionally between operations, engineering, quality departments
- Manage own daily workflow requirements to meet production schedule
- Support and participate in current and new safety initiatives/policies business needs.
- Troubleshoot operational issues
- Complete documentation as needed to meet customer specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.