Our Assistant Spa Managers are our future leaders! They assist the Manager in driving sales and overseeing the execution/implementation of key business initiatives for the spa. In many instances, the Assistant Spa Manager is the Manager on Duty and will need to provide the same leadership as the Spa Manager. They will greet and engage our customers and provide excellent floor leadership skills. They assist in leading the day-to-day activities of our spa to ensure our customers are consistently treated to an impeccable customer service experience, and that the operations run smoothly and efficiently.
Assistant Managers will open and close the spa and also work with the Spa Manager to create a work schedule that ensures our Service/Treatment Specialists are scheduled in accordance with the needs of the business
Schedule flexibility is key; this position is based in an airport and will require availability to work varied shifts (beginning before 8:00am and ending after 8:00pm), Holidays and weekends.
* Assist Spa Leadership team in creating an outstanding experience for the customer (i.e., pampered to perfection, customers are greeted in a professional, friendly, and timely manner)
* Provide best in class customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and excellent floor leadership skills-own and manage the sales floor:
* Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean spa environment.
* Direct and supervise employees engaged in delivering best in class services for our customers.
* Answer Spa phone and respond to customer inquiries
* Assist Spa Manager to maximize results through selling, maintaining and covering zones
* Inform customer of benefits of XpresSpa Membership program
* Maintain new and ongoing relationships with airport leadership and liaise with Spa Support Center staff.
* Assist Store Manager in the selection and on-boarding of your team
* Keep employees motivated and working as a team, making sure each member of their staff understands company policies and guidelines.
* Maintain operations by coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and Human Resources policies and procedures; and presenting corrective actions to Spa Manager.
* Help Spa Manager maintain positive employee relations by keeping open lines of communication with team.
* Ensure adherence to local licensing board rules and regulations.
* Open and close the Spa. (Including but not limited to reconciling the register, transfers, inventory audits and spa execution audits)
* Ensure availability of merchandise and services by maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Administrative and computer skills that support accurate and timely reporting, cash collection/reconciliation, payroll management, service and retail inventory management, record keeping, and operation of POS System.
Work Experience Requirements
* A minimum 3 years management experience in spa, retail, hospitality, wellness, airport or beauty industry
* Strong organizational qualities and confidence, with sound communication and customer service skills.
* Previous experience in recruiting, training and motivating commission based staff members.
* Must have the ability to understand and analyze business KPI's
* Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 35 pounds; and stand and or walk up to 10 hours per day.
* This position is based in an airport and will require flexibility and availability to work varied shifts, including Holidays, evenings and weekends.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent year's experience.
* Decision making
* Results driven
* Customer Focus