Certified Nurses Assistant - CNA
Interim HealthCare Houston Southeast is America's leading provider of home care services. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time. Including flexible schedules, and competitive pay. Interim HealthCare strives to make a difference with specialized skills that provide effectively, and efficient patient care in the lives of the people in the Houston Southeast area. (Clear Lake, Deer Park, Galveston, Friendswood, League City, Pasadena, and Texas City areas)
We are seeking Home Care Aides to provide effective and efficient patient care in the Houston Southeast area, under the supervision of a registered nurse and in accordance with the patient’s plan of care, applicable law, and regulation, accepted standards of nurse practices, payor requirements, and Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.
General Purpose: To provide hands-on personal care, report changes in the patient’s/client’s condition, and provide ADL's as assigned to patients/clients in the facility or home setting as permitted by the policies and procedures of Interim HealthCare and any other federal, state, and local law or regulation.
- 24/7 Office Support
- Direct Deposit
- Flexible Assignments to fit your needs.
- FREE Education Courses
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Paid Orientation
- Weekly Pay $11.00 - $13.00 per hour (Depending upon experience and availability)
- Assists perform and trains patient/client and family in activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, nail and skincare, oral hygiene, toileting, and elimination and adequate nutritional intake.
- Reads and records temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- Assists with ambulation, transfers, and/or range of motion exercises.
- Assists in medication reminding.
- Utilizes infection control measures such as hand washing, and personal protective equipment.
- Accesses personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Six (6) months of experience in healthcare or completion of the Office's preceptor program.
- Aide training and competency evaluation program as required by State and the federal regulations (42 CFR §484.80);
- An aide competency evaluation program as required by State and the federal regulations (42 CFR §484.80);
- A nurse aide training and competency evaluation program approved by State and meets the requirements of the federal regulations (§483.151 through §483.154) and is currently listed in good standing on the state nurse aide registry;
- The requirements of a state licensure program that meets training and competency evaluation provisions per State and the federal regulations (42 CFR §484.80)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Evidence of passing a home health aide written knowledge exam.
- Pass state required background checks where required.
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical. Including the ability to read, write, and verbally report clinical information to patients, patient representatives (if any), patient’s caregivers and family, and agency staff.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Able to constantly stand, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, reach freely, lift, reposition, and transfer clients/patients.
- Occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens, and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment (e.g., face masks, goggles, latex, and or non-latex gloves).
If you are looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 50 plus years and there are more than 350 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each Interim HealthCare location is independently owned and operated. ©2020 Interim HealthCare Inc.