UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You get it. Everyone gets it. The health care system needs to evolve even further than it has, and it has to do so quickly. New models of care and new networks of providers are emerging now to better serve patients and communities. And leaders like UnitedHealth Group are playing a lead role. Here’s where you come in. As member of our network contracting team, you’ll help develop and support Provider Networks and guide unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting. As you do, you’ll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
Want to make an impact in providing access to quality care and services for those who need it most? As member of our network contracting team, you’ll help develop and support Provider Networks, ensuring those who need care are able to do so. As you do, you’ll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
If you are located in NM or surrounding states, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage contracting efforts for network expansion projects
- Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
- Help develop geographically competitive, broad access, stable networks that achieve objectives for unit cost performance and trend management
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company templates, reimbursement structure standards, and other key process controls
- Ensure that network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties
- Respond to the needs of the network as it relates to the contract
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience in a network management-related role, such as contracting or provider services
- Intermediate experience using MS Word, MS Excel
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience using financial models and analysis to negotiate rates with providers
- Experience in performing network adequacy analysis
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Basic knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid
- Basic level of knowledge of claims processing systems and guidelines
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.