Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate & Investment Banking delivers a comprehensive suite of capital markets, banking, and financial products and services. A trusted partner to our clients, we provide corporate and transactional banking; commercial real estate lending and servicing; investment banking; equity; and fixed income solutions including sales, trading, and research capabilities to corporate, commercial real estate, government, and institutional clients across the globe.
Commercial Real Estate (CRE) is part of Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB), one of five CEO-led businesses for Wells Fargo. CRE operates globally to deliver a comprehensive platform of financing and banking products for experienced commercial real estate companies including balance sheet lending, CMBS origination and distribution, loan servicing, agency financing for multifamily properties, and debt and equity capital for affordable housing. In addition to being the #1 CRE lender in the U.S., Wells Fargo CRE has also earned other notable accolades, including being the #1 Affordable Housing Lender and the #1 Commercial Mortgage Servicer.
Real Estate Banking (REB) provides traditional balance sheet lending for a wide range of commercial real estate properties including office, multifamily, industrial, retail, and homebuilder segments. REB supports regional, national, and international owners, operators, developers, and investors through an integrated network of offices strategically located across the U.S., the U.K., Ireland, and Canada.
Wells Fargo, the #1 CRE lender in the United States since 2009, is hiring for the senior executive role of Head of Real Estate Banking.
The Head of Real Estate Banking reports directly to the head of Wells Fargo Commercial Real Estate (CRE). This is a high-profile position that leads one of the central CRE businesses and has a significant global presence.
The Head of Real Estate Banking oversees a team of 350+ employees across 24 global offices and manages a portfolio that exceeds $75 billion in real estate commitments. As a part of the CRE senior executive team, the Head of Real Estate Banking will be involved in management decisions not just for the business they oversee, but the executive will also be involved in impactful decision-making at the CRE level as the business evolves and transforms to become simpler, faster, and better.
Primary responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the development, planning, and execution of business initiatives to generate strong business results in alignment with profitability goals and Wells Fargo's risk tolerance
- Serving as a change agent and leader, espousing innovative directives in pursuit of our goals to ensure Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion throughout all aspects of the organization
- Providing inspirational leadership and direction to all team members as well as hiring, developing, and retaining world class talent
- Developing a highly engaged leadership team with a focus on integration and organizational cohesion
- Driving a culture of responsiveness and efficiency to deliver a positive client experience by creating a more collaborative and coordinated approach to strengthen the speed of decision making
- Developing strategy and ensuring planning and implementation of operational excellence
- Leading the business in the execution of highly complex risk management and compliance initiatives
- Promoting collaboration and business connectivity through cross-CRE partnerships
- Developing and enhancing relationships with other Enterprise-wide businesses for the purpose of serving our clients in a coordinated manner, predominantly within Commercial Real Estate, Corporate & Investment Banking, Wealth & Investment Management, and Middle Market Banking
- Exemplifying a sense of urgency and dedication to excellence throughout the business line in all facets of its operation
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically, you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 10+ years of leadership experience
- 15+ years of commercial real estate experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Budget planning, cost control, and proposal development skills
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial real estate operations
- Knowledge and understanding of underwriting: commercial real estate property types
- Knowledge and understanding of Regulatory Risk and Compliance policies and programs
- Experience leading complex change initiatives
- Ability to motivate a team and lead strategic initiatives, collaborating across a large organization and multi-tasking as required
- Due diligence, underwriting, structuring, and pricing experience
- Experience developing and cultivating professional relationships to generate revenue
- Creative and strategic thinking skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to lead teams, implement, and deliver consistent results
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing on a strategic vision, corresponding business goals, and leading a complex business to achieve financial goals
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
IL-Chicago: 10 S Wacker Drive - Chicago, IL
NY-New York: 30 Hudson Yards - New York, NY
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
DC-Washington: 1800 K St Nw - Washington, DC
CA-SF-Financial District: 420 Montgomery - San Francisco, CA
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
TX-HOU-Downtown: 1000 Louisiana St - Houston, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.