Hope you are doing well and safe!
We are looking for a PT Graphic Designer I, College Relations Please have a look at the job description mentioned below. If you are interested please let me know and share your updated resume.
Job Title: 600131:: PT Graphic Designer I
Job Duration: Part-time; Mon-Friday (19 hours/week)
20515 SH 249
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The PT Graphic Designer designs and creates graphics that adhere to LSC's brand and standard, and meet the needs of the customer. He or She uses a variety of tools and mediums to create artistic or decorative products and visual solutions for communications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Guide student workers on assigned projects
2. Responsible for keeping the advertising materials current on campus wide and external locations
3. Meet with creative services manager for direction and develop layouts for assignments based on customer needs
4. Design graphics for assigned projects, including but not limited to brochures, flyers, newsletters, handbooks, maps, posters, newspaper and magazine ads for digital/print internal and external advertisements, and non-standard or unique projects (point of display, signage and vinyl wrap graphics)
5. Create draft layouts using traditional sketches and computer software for customer review and selection including color, type, illustration, photography, animation and layout techniques
6. Manipulate and optimize final graphic materials and make available to print vendors and content editors for print, production or online marketing
7. Produce original art for logos and illustrations from sketched concepts to digital designs through the use the Adobe Creative Suite computer software
8. Consult with the creative services manager and prepare quotes, bid specifications, contracts and coordinate services with specialty vendors, printers, mail houses, and other out-sourced services relating to marketing, advertising and publications, and oversee their work
9. Coordinate the distribution of print materials and quality control campus wide and at external locations
10. Plan, schedule and execute photography sessions as needed per project/assignment
11. Set up photography studio and equipment as needed. Photograph special events or activities happening on campus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be detail oriented, team player and technologically savvy
Must be comfortable with Microsoft Excel, Word and Publisher
Knowledge of professional printing processes, pre-press production, printing techniques, paper selection, coating, etc.
Knowledge of PC's (Microsoft Office) and MACs and related graphic design software
Knowledge of a variety of design software and tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, DreamWeaver, HTML, Constant contact, etc...
Flexibility with prioritizing deadlines and managing expectations
Strong attention to accuracy and detail
Knowledge of general layout principles and basic aesthetic design concepts
Ability to adapt to changing technology and acquire new skills
Ability to work in a fast pace environment and meet deadlines
Excellent customer service skills
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
Interface with inte