GHD’s North American Proposal Team is seeking a Graphic Designer with specific focus on creating graphics for our proposal team. Building from a strong visual design background, this role will look for opportunities to creatively translate technical information into clear and compelling graphic images.
You will work across multiple disciplines and must be a collaborator who can effectively manage multiple concurrent design requests, and enjoys working with different personality styles and management levels across multiple geographies. We are looking for a positive team player who is self-motivated, driven to complete projects, and enjoys working in a dynamic team setting.
Ideally, this position will be based in our Tampa office but other locations throughout the Eastern and Central time zones will also be considered.
Specific responsibilities in this role will include:
- Design strategic proposals and statements of qualifications including page layout composition and visual design elements aligned to GHD visual brand
- Consult with pursuit and technical leaders to identify and create strategic win-theme graphics Request for Proposal (RFP) stages through final proposal delivery
- Coordinate with cross-discipline proposal teams to facilitate timely delivery of the proposal
- Understand all relevant RFP requirements to ensure graphics compliance
- Develop informative graphics that convey complex information, including infographics, figures, charts, maps, illustrations, and diagrams
- Design and develop PowerPoint presentations for oral proposal submissions
- Assist with developing the proposal schedule for graphics, maintain and provide updates to the proposal team, and attend short-notice status meetings as needed
- Maintain documentation of design standards and guidelines for proposal graphics
- Work collaboratively with senior graphic designers to support other graphic design projects as needed
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Design internship experience a plus but not required
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) applications
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) applications
- Ability to work on a PC platform to apply design styles and typography and improve page layout for proposals produced in Microsoft Word
- Comprehensive knowledge of graphic design principles
- Strong belief in customer service; positive attitude and flexibility in an environment of tight deadlines, unexpected changes and frequent interruptions
- Strong organization and time management skills; aptitude and willingness to take on project ownership; self-starter
- Ability to work in a team setting and adhere to prescribed process standards and visual brand standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate design brief and creative options to pursuit team members at varying levels
- Strong ability to proofread and apply writing/grammatical rules to ensure high-quality products
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.