Our Client, based in West Houston helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. The global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support.
This role is responsible for the execution of annual performance management and talent cycles and includes, but is not limited to, leading efforts related to global events such as employee development, leadership training and HR integration projects and process improvements.
- Works collaboratively with the organization (site/functional) leadership team and HR team to develop a healthy leadership pipeline for the organization.
- Leads coordination of all talent, leadership and annual performance processes, policies and cycles.
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of talent development solutions and other enterprise talent initiatives, with emphasis on development through experiences and relationships.
- Consult and collaborate with stakeholders and leaders to identify, recommend and implement scalable talent solutions and/or individual/team interventions.
- Recommend, design and implement measurement as well as evaluation strategies, to assess impact and outcomes; suggest actions based on analysis of data.
- Provides organizational Global development by developing solutions that improve team effectiveness, systems thinking, personal mastery, employee engagement and continuous improvement.
- Gather data and analyze trends to develop recommendations for new strategies and solutions to address training and recruiting trends to ensure the Company’s talent management strategies are current and effective.
- Conduct leadership assessments, including review and interpretation of results and identifying trends and development actions based on data; debrief leaders on assessment results and work with leaders in creating development plans
- Oversee coaching engagements from intake through sustainability planning; work with key stakeholders in defining goals and measures of success for coaching engagements; support the sourcing of external executive coaches
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- 8+ years of experience in HR-related functions, that includes management/leadership development and talent review.
- Minimum five years’ experience in talent or leadership development, learning and development and/or organization development/talent management.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Organizational Development, Business or related field.
- Demonstrated orientation to understanding the business and business strategy, and the ability to apply talent management process and tools to support strategic business objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated capabilities to perform complex data analysis including data metrics affecting utilization and visualize using MS Office products with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel (V Look up and Pivot tables).
- Ability to identify and recommend methods to resolve problems, update, simplify, enhance and optimize existing processes, procedures, policies and technologies.
- Orientation for action, superior attention to detail, project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects with a semi-virtual team (clients and team members are in multiple locations and drive change management.
- Strong executive presence to help influence and assess talent strategies while maintaining agility and approachability.
- Ability to properly handle confidential information.
- Global work experience preferred.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Carry up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We provides equal opportunity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If an applicant has a disability, the applicant may request accommodations when needed to enable that person to perform their essential job functions or to allow that person to participate in employment.