Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
We’re looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Global Manufacturing Technology Specialist will be responsible for defining the Global Manufacturing Technology vision and strategy for the Global Manufacturing organization. This position will conduct technology benchmarks & gap analyses and develop the respective implementation plans for machining/equipment, special processes, tooling/fixturing, digitalization and automation technologies.
Duties & Responsibilities
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Maintains safety and service quality as immediate priorities when working across all areas of the business.
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with Company policies and procedures, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual (QSM), Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions and ensures awareness of applicable QSM requirements including quality policy, quality objectives, and the role of personnel to support the QSM.
- Develop and assist in the implementation of the Weatherford Management System (WMS) elements, including but not limited to, conducting internal and external benchmarks, identifying best practices, mapping current processes, and defining future state process
- Develop a standard Tactical Implementation Plan for WMS across the Global Manufacturing organization and assist in developing plans at each plant
- Draft and maintain play books, including revisions, updates, and new releases
- assist with implementing play books
- Conduct WMS element maturity assessments
- Develop and implement Weatherford Manufacturing Technology road maps in all Weatherford Manufacturing plants
- Drive standardization across all manufacturing facilities regarding machining/equipment, tooling, digitalization, automation and manufacturing related software
- Actively seek opportunities to improve manufacturing technology and stay appraised of new development in the field.
- Interface and/or manage with outside consultants & technology service provider.
- Collaborate with other subject matter experts and functional areas such IT, HR, etc.
- Provide subject matter expertise support to Manufacturing plants
- Provide support to Manufacturing Directors and Plant Managers in developing plant road maps
- Maintains effective level of communication with a broad range of stakeholders in order to plan activities to support business requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to manufacturing facilities in developing CAPEX plans and respective justifications
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
VISION & LEADERSHIP
- Act as internal advisor/consultant on the various Manufacturing Technology areas
- Lead the Global Manufacturing organization in a variety of technological areas
- Develop and implement Global Manufacturing Technology strategy/vision as well as the respective three-year plans for major manufacturing facilities
- Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Technology, or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Manufacturing Technology
- Experience with equipment, including machining equipment technology & standardization, automation & robotics, CNC Auto Probing Systems (Critical dimensions)
- Programming experience, including CNC Programming (EdCAM) & Post processors, CNC Program Simulation Software (EdCAM, Vericut), Data/Interface with Product Engineering, Program Storing/Sharing & Subroutines, DNC- network & interface with ProNoWeb, Tool Data Management (WINTool & Interfaces), Remote Programming
- Experience with Tooling & Fixture Technology, including Tool pre-setters (Zoller) & too ID use (RFID), cutting tool technology, fixturing/hydro clamping & CAPTO systems, Hydro torque equipment & digital/recording
- Experience with Factory Digitalization (Ind 4.0), including data from Product Engineering, Program Storing/sharing & subroutines, DNC- network & interface, paperless factory, digital visual factory
- Experience with process simulations, including Simul8
- Working with international teams
- Legally authorized to work in assigned location
- Ability to interact in English and potentially other language relevant in local plant
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Technology or Industry Engineering
- Certification as Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with MS Office, AutoCAD, JDE, Windchill, Simul8, EdgeCam,Vericut, PrognoWeb, Manufacturing Execution Systems or equivalent manufacturing software
- Successful, practical experience and advanced knowledge in machining processes, tooling technology, programming, mechanical assembly, hydro & gas testing, robotic/automation, digitalization & MES, and other special manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels from the shop floor to executive leadership
- Strong training and presentation skills