Local Unit & Position Description
DNV is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to drive the geospatial integration capabilities of the next generation of our industry leading Synergi Gas and Liquids products. If you have 3+ years of software development experience, knowledge and understanding of Esri's Utility Network solutions, and you want to be involved in building products that are in daily use around the globe, an immediate job position with long term opportunities awaits you.Aligned to our company's purpose to "safeguard life, property and the environment", our Synergi hydraulic modeling products are used by natural gas and water utilities as well as natural gas and petroleum pipeline companies, to plan the safe and efficient operations of their asset infrastructure. Our next generation products will integrate seamlessly with Esri's Utility Network, allowing our clients to construct the hydraulic models that are core to our products' world class analytical engines in a highly efficient manner.
What you'll do
- Lead efforts in product design and deployment strategies involving the publishing and consumption of Esri GIS services in an enterprise environment
- Software design and development tasks in a SCRUM environment with an emphasis on the integration and processing of Esri's Utility Network utilizing REST services
- Light system administration duties to maintain our development lab's ArcGIS Enterprise servers that support the product development effort
- Development and maintenance of internal enterprise datasets enabling us to test various Utility Network configurations, rules, and integration strategies.
- Educate developers and analysts in GIS industry direction, best practices, tools, and technologies based on real world GIS industry experiences
- Stay abreast of advancements in geospatial technologies and assist our Product Managers in establishing future product strategies involving this technology.
What is required
- Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or other related fields
- Gas, water, or pipeline industry GIS deployment experience
- GIS Enterprise server (e.g., Esri) design, implementation, administration
- GIS programming solution development with medium to high level programming experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, C#, Visual Basic, C++
- SQL programming and query building
- Experience writing integrations that use third party REST APIs
- Esri skills: ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, Utility Network
- Utility and Pipeline Data Model (UPDM) or other industry standard data models such as APDM, PODS, etc.
- Development environment: Visual Studio, Git, Azure DevOps
- Relational database (e.g., SQL Server) design, implementation, administration
- Azure cloud environment development and deployment
- Application deployment using CI/CD
- Familiarity with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Agile development methodology
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
What We Offer
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Company Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick, and Disability)
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefit Plans to choose from
- Spending Accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, Company-Seeded HSA
- 401(K) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Education reimbursement program
- Employer-Paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
**Benefits may vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
For more information
Read more here
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are a world-leading provider of digital solutions and software applications with focus on the energy, maritime and healthcare markets. Our solutions are used worldwide to manage risk and performance for wind turbines, electric grids, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, ships, and more. Supported by our domain knowledge and Veracity assurance platform, we enable companies to digitize and manage business critical activities in a sustainable, cost-efficient, safe and secure way.