Requisition ID: 122440
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit has an immediate opening for a Mid-level Geotechnical Engineer to support Kiewit Corporation’s Oil, Gas & Chemical (OGC) business across North America. The successful candidate will bring energy, enthusiasm, and a focus on collaboration, communication, and technical excellence to this position. The Geotechnical Engineer will work with an interdisciplinary team that also includes civil, structural, and mechanical engineers, as well as estimators, schedulers and other construction professionals, to perform engineering analyses and design for midstream, refining, LNG, chemicals, alternative fuels, and terminal projects. The Geotechnical Engineer will be involved with engineering analyses and the production of reports and other deliverables, as well as supervising other geotechnical staff or subcontractors involved with subsurface characterization programs and other engineering assignments.
You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail/transit and systems, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers' Design Build Management team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of our Houston Energy Corridor office and includes travel to project offices and work sites, and period field assignments. One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities.
- Working as a member of the geotechnical team on FEED studies and EPC/design-build pursuits and projects, including contributing to the development of design recommendations and design deliverables.
- Completing designs consistent with design standards, selected technical approaches, and in accordance with the design quality management program.
- Working with other geotechnical engineers and interdisciplinary pursuit teams to develop innovative and cost-effective bid phase designs, identify key geotechnical design risks, and develop plans to mitigate those risks.
- Collaborating with other geotechnical engineers to develop work scopes and labor estimates.
- Fostering an environment that emphasizes collaboration and coordination; providing feedback and encouraging learning to create growth opportunities; mentoring team members.
Quality and Safety
- Leading by example with respect to safety, quality, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Coordinating with the quality management team to ensure implementation of the design quality management program.
- Minimum 2 years of geotechnical design experience on O&G, Chemical, Power or Industrial projects.
- Professional engineering registration is highly desirable.
- Master's degree, or equivalent experience, in Geotechnical Engineering or closely related field, required.
- EPC/design-build experience is a PLUS
- Demonstrated broad technical knowledge and experience on a range of geotechnical topics including: site investigation and characterization, design of deep foundations, shallow foundations, ground improvement techniques, slope stability, seismic engineering, settlement of compressible soils, site development, marine engineering, support of excavations, subgrade stabilization, and dewatering.
- Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated focus on interdisciplinary design coordination, coordination between Engineering and Construction, experience working in a team setting, and directing/reviewing the work of others
- This position requires travel to project offices and work sites. Ability to travel based on business needs and requirements, including the physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.