Advisian is the specialist consulting business line of Worley providing solutions for clients in the Hydrocarbons, Mining, Minerals & Metals, Chemicals and Infrastructure industries. As part of one of the worlds largest engineering firms, we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities globally. Worley is a company that prides itself on providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our customers expectations, which is why we manage some of the world's leading projects. Our aim is to recruit, develop, and most importantly, retain the people who share our vision and strategy.
The Geotechnical Engineer-In-Training opening is a full-time position based out of Houston, TX, within Advisians Geoscience Practice.
Our Geotechnical Engineering group is part of the Geoscience service line in the Americas and comprises 90 engineering professionals with a broad range of technical skills and experience and is part of the larger Global Geoscience Practice which comprises over one hundred and sixty geotechnical, geological and geophysical professionals throughout the world. The types of projects executed by this team include large diameter pipelines, coastal LNG facilities, industrial processing plants, oil sands developments, dam structures, pipeline integrity, geohazard assessments and marine terminals.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to interact on a wide array of geosciences projects and work collaboratively with multiple technical and advisory disciplines. The Geotechnical Engineer-In-Training position is a full-time role located within our Houston, TX office.
Our Geotechnical Engineering group seeks someone with excellent business development, technical delivery and communication skills and who is eager to work with a group of dynamic individuals and contribute to the growth of our Practice.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Geotechnical site investigations (including drilling and coring);
- Assist in geotechnical analysis and design assignments under the supervision of Professional Engineers;
- Prepare and coordinate the implementation of laboratory testing programs;
- Report preparation and proposal writing;
- Tender package preparation;
- Site inspection/supervision;
- Construction QA/QC inspections; and
- Work as part of an integrated delivery team within our business, comprising of other engineering disciplines, professional environmental scientists, project delivery and project support staff on existing and new Advisian/Worley projects.
In addition to your technical expertise and competencies, you are enthusiastic, resourceful, organized, and detail oriented. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate effectively and to proactively respond to time-sensitive issues. Excellent computer and technical writing skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and multi-tasked environment are essential.
- Registered or eligible for registration as an Engineer-In-Training (EIT)
- Bachelors or Masters degree from an accredited institution plus appropriate continuing education in civil/geotechnical engineering, or equivalent;
- Experience working on construction sites and/or drilling programs is an asset;
- Proficiency with common and geotechnical specific software (e.g. Microsoft Office suite, geoslope, gINT, LPile, etc);
- Ability to present technical information in a concise and professional manner;
- Seismic design pertaining to slopes, foundations and retaining systems is an asset;
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated history of effective client engagement and relationships;
- Working knowledge of industry standard business support systems, i.e. project planning packages, cost management systems, ISO9001 quality management systems is considered an asset;
- Self-starter, flexible team player and willing and able to work on a wide variety of tasks; and
- Willing to travel and work for regular periods at various project locations throughout US, Canada and occasionally to global locations.
Advisian (part of the Worley Group) offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within the United States and overseas.
We strive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Advisian is an equal opportunity employer.