We’re recruiting for an experienced “Hands-On” General Manager with an upscale restaurant in the Houston Galleria area. This role is ideal for a dedicated, self-motivated General Manager with passion for hospitality, who takes pride in leading, training and working with a strong crew to deliver the best possible experience for customers.
- General Manager will promote and grow the business, hire and train waitstaff, and ensure that patrons are receiving excellent drinks, food, and service.
- The General Manager will work directly with leadership in overseeing all restaurant operations including the FOH, BOH and all administrative and financial duties.
- Manage and lead staff; Organize and supervise shifts
- Control costs and minimize waste and manage restaurant supplies
- Monitor operations and initiate corrective actions
- Collaborate with leadership to achieve bonus incentives and sales goals.
- Coach, mentor and train the team in accordance with our company standards.
- Provide guidance to the management team to achieve a consistent culture that represents our brand appropriately.
- Create a positive teaching environment encouraging the team to take ownership of the guest experience, learn every day and aspire to do better each day.
- Lead and direct the team firmly and fairly applying constant, gentle, pressure to hold standards while directing the overall operation, ensuring proficiency and productivity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or similar preferred
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a General Manager in an upscale casual dining environment.
- Previous New Restaurant Opening experience.
- Proactive guest issue prevention/guest relations skills.
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills.
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Proven background in management operations.
- Strong understanding of cost and labor systems.
- Computer savvy with knowledge of restaurant POS systems.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with a kitchen. Food Safe, TABC certified.
Our client is looking at people who are within driving distance to the Houston Galleria district area. This position will pay up to $85k + bonus. If you are interested in the position please email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]