The General Counsel position provides a wide range of practical legal advice and support to the various Diligent entities in relation to the full range of client and employment related matters. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, reviewing and drafting contracts, providing counsel in all aspects of employment law, managing compliance with a wide range of federal and state laws, particularly the FLSA, and coordinating and assisting outside counsel with legal matters.
· Provide guidance and support to all levels of key business functions on ethics and compliance issues, policy interpretation and requirements, compliance risk assessment, trend analysis and best practice recommendations
· Conducts legal research in reviewing the company’s litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
· Liaising with outside counsel regarding their assignments and assisting in strategy decisions.
· Advise senior management on various matters such as legal rights and new and existing laws.
· Manage the company’s legal matters.
· Examine, interpret and draft agreements such as customer contracts, employment and vendor agreements and other legal documents.