Do you have a strong vision of what the future of modular building might look like? Do you thrive on providing great customer service? Consider joining this booming industry with the talented team at Mobile Modular Management Corporation. Our high-quality, unique, cost-effective solutions put us at the forefront of the market, meeting even the most critical needs of today. Our solutions span applications across healthcare/medical, education, business, residential development and construction, retail and much more. As a division of McGrath RentCorp, we see the potential not just in our product but in our people, too.
"A Day in the Life" As a General Construction Modular Mechanic you will be responsible for general maintenance, general construction, remodeling work and preparation of buildings for delivery to customer sites.
"What You’ll Do"
- Installation of structures or fixtures such as windows, frames, floorings, trim or hardware using hand or power tools per plan, drawings and to current relevant building code
- Performs maintenance service, repairs and construction in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, flooring, ceiling and electrical.
- Perform construction work related to remodeling or modifying modular buildings
- Demolish, replace or construct walls, including framing, drywall and other finish-out functions
- Light electrical work; changing bulbs, rewiring or adjusting wiring within a frame or wiring for new connections, switches and outlets
- Light plumbing work; removing, remodeling or installing new plumbing pipes and fixtures
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements as noted on building plans or reasonably implied
- Participate in and practice 5S and LEAN in the plan
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to work outside in variable weather conditions
- Ability to use both manual and power tools and follow operating guidelines
- Ability to use mathematics to calculate length, width, depth, etc. as it relates to construction and accuracy of specs and requirements
- Ability to follow spoken and written instruction and work in fast paced construction environment with minimal guidance from leads or supervisors
- Ability to safely perform all tasks and understand Company’s safety policies and procedures
- Deliver a high quality output consistent with the Company’s construction standards
- Able to take, record and follow standard measurements and cut or separate materials to specific measurements or quantities
- Prior experience in construction or related work required
- Prior experience with electrical, plumbing, HVAC or other specialties preferred
- Position requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain physical activity for most of the day
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and hold or lift a variety of objects
- Able to carry, bend, stoop, turn, kneel, crawl, climb a ladder and other manual labor activities
- Workplace Flexibility! This program gives you flexibility to balance work and personal life while empowering you to perform with excellence each and every day.
- 401K plan with Company match!
- We all need to rest and recharge that’s why in addition to vacation and sick time we also offer considerable company-paid holidays!
- We also offer HSA, FSA, EAP and Pet Insurance!
- It’s a great place to work where you are given the space to share ideas and opinions and the bottom-line is “YOU” matter!
Level will be determined based on applicable experience.
The pre-employment screening process includes social security verification, criminal background check and drug screen. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, on the basis of disability and any other legally protected status.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .