Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working together with NASA at centers across the United States.
We are looking for a
Gateway Spacecraft Software Engineer to join our team with
Oceaneering Space Systems, a JETS teammate company. Do you have the following skills?
As a Gateway Spacecraft Software Engineer, you will:
- Write software to build interfaces between vehicle level GFE code and module level contractor-supplied code
- Analyze performance of SW interfaces and do integration testing
- Document interfaces and develop an interface control document
- Use integrated simulation environment to validate software interfaces
- Develop unit and interface verification tests
- Performing other duties as assigned
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience
- C, C programming experience
- Data driven architecture experience
- Configuration management tools experience
- Experience with web-based collaboration tools
- Experience with agile software development
- Excellent communication, negotiation and coordination skills and strong customer service attitude
- Experience leading technical work of a small software team
- Knowledge of the NASA Gateway Spacecraft systems and software
- Prefer space or autonomous system experience
- Experience with the following web-based collaboration tools
- Should be a quick learner and self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision
- Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic
- Must have highly developed coordination and organization skills
Why Work on Our Team?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities, we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.