All faculty members uphold the commitment to operating with integrity and complying with laws, regulations, accreditation standards, polices, and our company values as they seek to help students succeed in their pursuit of an educational experience that prepares them for the workforce.
All faculty members assist students in meeting their academic and career goals by providing an engaging teaching and learning environment utilizing sound pedagogical teaching strategies based on approved syllabi. Faculty provide appropriate and effective instruction, stay current in the scholarship and practice of their discipline and teaching methodology, support academic quality standards, and demonstrate a commitment to student retention and success. Faculty are responsible for helping to create and maintain a student-centered learning environment based on a culture of student learning assessment at the course, program, and institutional level.
The primary focus for a Faculty Level 1 member is time spent in the classroom, developing and demonstrating teaching pedagogy and practical experience. Faculty members demonstrate ownership of provided course content and aptitude in course organization, utilize sound teaching strategies that inform and create interest, are adept in course preparation and records management, teach in a manner that is appropriate to all levels of students, and celebrate positives and communicate with candor and specificity around areas for improvement. Faculty members are adept at providing a positive, student-focused culture of excellence. Faculty Level 1 members also demonstrate functional expertise in retention strategy solutions and social media excellence in all modalities, as appropriate. Faculty Level 1 members are engaged in the life of the college in meetings and events such as new student orientations, graduation, advisory meetings, etc. Faculty Level 1 members also possesses minimum level of practical experience and certifications in their teaching discipline. Faculty Level 1 members accomplish no fewer than 6 CEUs/hours of in-service professional development and a minimum of 3 CEUs/hours or more of discipline specific professional development as required to meet programmatic, certification, state accreditation and/or Department of Education requirements.
All faculty members, including full-time, part-time, and adjunct/temporary, are governed by the Faculty Load and HR policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instruct assigned courses in accordance with course competencies/objectives.
- Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance policies.
- Academically coach, guide, mentor, monitor progress, and empower students to achieve optimum success.
- Provide students with academic support and advice, give referrals for additional assistance as required, tutor if necessary, and provide other assistance as needed and use technology for academic alerts and interventions.
- Teach classes based on assigned schedule and modality according to faculty expectations and complete all related teaching administrative responsibilities such as attendance taking, final grade submission, etc.
- Support student retention and success with full participation in all retention initiatives, fully utilizing all provided systems tools.
- Demonstrate functional expertise in retention strategy solutions and social media excellence in all modalities, as appropriate.
- Manage classroom teaching conditions and environment through active instructor presence in order to promote a positive classroom environment.
- Conduct program / course curriculum assessment and evaluation duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate evidence of professional growth and academic currency.
- Keep annual professional development plan updated per accreditation requirements, and ensure that all faculty professional development and in-service professional development is completed and documentation provided to the Academic Dean or proxy.
- Meet obligations for the on-campus, off-campus, and online time necessary to meet their professional responsibilities for classes, laboratories, office hours, meetings, and other assignments.
- Where applicable:
- Maintain valid practice certifications and licensure as appropriate for the discipline/vocation/profession.
- Maintain current health requirements, training/professional development, licensures and certifications as required by the Instructors Credentials and Qualifications Handbook and to meet professional practice requirements.
- Coordinates schedules with CND in establishing laboratory schedules, classroom rotations (where appropriate), student advising and clinical rotations (where appropriate).
- Ensure related clinical supplies and equipment are up-to-date.
- Explain and demonstrate related laboratory/practical procedures.
- Arrange students’ field placement and monitor students’ progress.
- Stay current with all regional and state code changes and industry standards as it applies to the program subject matter being taught.
- May participate in other campus activities, committees, projects, graduation ceremonies, and in-service & professional development training opportunities as requested or required by Campus Leadership and/or any applicable program accreditor and/or state regulatory agency.
- May assist the Academic Dean with data collection and/or reporting as required by any applicable program accreditor and/or state regulatory agency.
- The distribution of a faculty member’s comprehensive assignment will vary in accordance with department, division, and/or regional needs and faculty expertise. Decisions regarding courses taught, teaching locations, and class schedules are determined by the Campus/Program Academic Leader or Dean or his/her proxy.
- Faculty may also be required to perform externship activities for their designated program. Duties include:
- Review and approval of appropriate Externship sites
- Provide and orient the site as to expectations and what externship entails
- Provide oversight of the practicum experience as needed
- Ensure appropriate and sufficient evaluation of student achievement in the practicum experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and TRAINING
A qualified faculty member teaching in the Medical Assistant program meets the program standard through the following requirements:
1. A qualified faculty member must have a minimum of three years of related practical work experience as a medical assistant.
2. Faculty teaching in the MA program must have an active MA certification or registration. Credentialing must be granted by an organization accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) that include CCMA, CMA, CMAC, NCMA and RMA.
3. Must have an associate’s degree (in any discipline) or a certificate/diploma from an accredited academic institution in the discipline.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Dependable with the ability to respond to requests for service and assistance
- Ability to work in a team environment, balances team and individual responsibilities
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Ability to clearly and effectively convey information to others. This includes the ability to choose the appropriate method or methods of communication
- Ability to complete all job requirements in allotted time.
- Displays and promotes high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors consistent with organizational and government standards. Represents ECMC Education in a positive and professional manner both inside and outside the organization.
- Displays an organized and results-oriented approach, and motivation to perform without extensive direction.
- Displays high quality of work and level of accuracy.
- Demonstrates the ability to use creative, positive solution-oriented approach to address problems.
- Reports to – Campus Director/Academic Dean
- Direct Reports – N/A
- Indirect Reports – N/A
- Contacts - Students and other faculty