Conducts, reviews, analyzes and prepares recommendations on management issues facing the Authority for consideration by senior management and the Board of Directors. Assists in preparing and monitoring the annual operating, capital, revenue, debt service or general mobility program budgets. Performs analytical studies. Coordinates and/or prepares reports and information for top management/Board (monthly business report, information for quarterly budget meetings, etc.) ensuring work of top quality both in accuracy and presentation. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Assists in developing and preparing the annual operating, capital, revenue, debt service and General Mobility budgets.
- Monitors activities and expenditures of assigned budget departments to ensure conformance with budgetary limits and the Authority’s objectives.
- Assists higher-level OMB personnel with budget and expenditure monitoring activities.
- Reviews departmental written plans and proposals for conformance to METRO’s strategic business plan and to ensure adequate budget funding.
- Prepares reports and information for top management/Board (monthly business report, information for quarterly budget meetings, etc.) ensuring work of top quality both in accuracy and presentation.
- Performs management, financial, and/or organizational studies in coordination with other METRO departments.
- Reviews and evaluates requests to authorize budget transfers and capital and operating expenditures (RBA, etc.) to ensure proper budget funding is in place.
- Reviews monthly accrual requests for assigned departments, reporting any ongoing delays in paying vendor invoices.
- Serves as assigned staff for special projects (State Audits, etc.).
- Provides excellent customer service to METRO internal and external customers.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Public Administration or related field.
Years & Experience Required
Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in budget and/or management analysis. Additional years of specific transit or budget experience desired.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Good organizational skills, analytical and communication/interpersonal skills. A high level of proficiency in the use of computer/software systems for budgetary, statistical and management analysis work. Experience in producing top quality management reports using latest in publication/presentation software is desirable. SAP experience preferred.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.