Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Finance Systems Administrator - Close Governance based in Houston, TX.
A role in Finance Systems Innovation & Process Excellence means partnering with Finance, Information Technology, and other functional leaders to co-create solutions that maximize business value, enable key strategies that are critical to the company and for the business system environment and experiences we create for our accounting teams.
This role will be responsible for managing the close cycle and task lists, maintaining financial close process governance, administering the account reconciliation process, Business Process owner for Finance Master Data and Support, and participate in User Access Reviews.
This position is responsible for:
- Preparation and maintenance of monthly financial close schedules.
- Monitors monthly closing activities, coordinates close status updates or meetings, as required
- Works with support teams on close related issues and enhancements and communicates impact to current/future schedules.
- Facilitates close process reviews to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with functional groups and develop and maintain detailed closing task lists and respective owners in SAP and OneStream.
- Develop and maintain Closing Status Dashboard.
- Responsible for maintaining account reconciliation ownership mapping and report out on status of account reconciliations.
- Key participant in implementation of Account Reconciliation tools/enhancements and development of Status Reporting Dashboard.
- Process Owner for Financial Accounting Data in SAP MDG application.
- Participate in the User Access Reviews for Corporate Functions and legacy applications.