Reporting to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Finance Manager is responsible for and has oversight of the financial planning and analysis function. They will be responsible for the financial and strategic plan, budgets, monthly closes, SBU and Product Group reporting, and ad hoc requests. The qualified incumbent will perform financial analysis of actual performance and business plans. In addition, they will recommend and implement appropriate methods and techniques to be applied by the company in financial analysis and reporting.
- Oversee monthly consolidation, analysis, and publication of financial results and forecasts, including internal and external reporting.
- Manage the preparation of the planning process cycle of Financial Review, Presidents Councils, Planning Conference, Profit Review and budgeting.
- Review reconciliations and HFM reporting.
- Enforce policies and procedures for product line and strategic business unit financial reporting and planning performance measurement and analysis.
- Capital expenditure budgeting and appropriation request evaluation. Evaluate major capital expenditure requests.
- Ensure internal controls and reporting requirements are adequate and consistent with general accepted accounting principles
- Report and interpret results of operations to BU management, comparing performance to operating plans and historical results.
- Use financial analysis and business acumen to provide decision support and/or make tactical and strategic recommendations in a variety of financial and non-financial areas at the business unit level
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate methods and techniques for financial evaluation of projects and be eager to accept stretch assignments and ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Encourage an atmosphere of teamwork, safety, creativity, trust and respect. Establish and maintain positive working relationships across finance and other functional areas to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Bachelor in Accounting, Economics, and/or Finance required
- 5 years of experience in financial analysis and reporting
- Ability to think critically, highly driven and self-motivated with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing cost accounting systems, inventory control systems, and experience managing accounting procedures and controls
- Skills in handling financial presentations and communicating with management personnel on all levels.
- Attention to detail, time management, problem-solving skills, and action oriented
- Strong computer skills including experience with a major ERP such as Oracle/SAP, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint. HFM experience highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
WHY EMERSON? Our Commitment to Our PeopleWe invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs\: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.Our Commitment to Diversity & InclusionAt Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our companys values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about ourCulture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.Work AuthorizationEmerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.Equal Opportunity EmployerEmerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email address removed>.
ABOUT EMERSON Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We dont settle for good enough or This is the way its always been done. Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the never been done before. Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.No calls or agencies please.