Founded in 2013 by leading industry experts, our client Sigma Tube & Bar is a major supplier serving the oil and gas industry with quality tubular and bar products. Leveraging various partnerships, they offer a complete line of sizes, grades and services including heat treating, boring, honing, cutting and machine work. All of their tubular and bar products conform to the strictest requirements of the oil and gas industry as governed by AISI, ASTM, API, and customer specific specifications.
At Sigma Tube & Bar, professionalism is a company-wide attitude. A key factor behind their steady growth is a reputation for quick response in both quoting and delivery. The company was built on honesty and integrity, never losing sight of their responsibility to meet exacting standards and specifications of the individual customer's needs. With expertise, years of experience and understanding of our customer's requirements, Sigma’s staff is able to provide the high quality products and service their customer’s deserve.
For more information, visit www.sigmatb.com.
Sustaining growth through the bear market cycles of a volatile industry, Sigma has been able to significantly grow market share over the last 5+ years while their main competitors have exited the market. With current increased market demands, Sigma recently experienced a record setting quarter and then followed that by surpassing their best quarter by 40%. Sustaining these achievements requires a strong strategic perspective, leveraging appropriate data tools and analysis to provide insights and recommendations to the leadership team. To support this advisory need, Sigma is creating a new role that will focus on four key areas of business partnership – Internal Management Reporting, Market Intelligence, Business Guidance, and Continuous Improvement.
The Finance Manager will report directly to the President and will assist with financial planning and budgeting processes, analyzing financial statements and reports, developing financial models, preparing projections, and performing research and analysis as may be required by leadership. With key responsibility for delivering reporting and analyses that impact high-profile strategic and operational decisions, this vital role will be part of the Sigma Leadership Team. Strong candidates should demonstrate deep finance knowledge and the capacity to serve as a highly effective partner to Sigma business leaders and with other teams in the Finance organization. Sigma is seeking a top performer with a strong financial background, excellent collaboration skills and the drive and judgment to work effectively and independently.
During the first six months, the Finance Manager will be expected to address, and be ultimately evaluated upon his/her ability to:
- Quickly build his/her knowledge base and become a competent steward of the available reporting tools and data.
- Develop effective relationships internally with peers and other business leaders across the organization to understand primary business challenges and opportunities.
- Demonstrate understanding of existing data systems and reporting tools by developing simple operational reports (e.g. manpower saw capacity).
- Develop a simple forecasting tool of inventory and cash requirements.
Internal Management Reporting
- Drive Forecasting, planning, business processes and reporting, e.g. linking to KPIs (scorecards) and ensuring management reporting reflects business drivers.
- Develop new reporting including new manpower/production reports, sensitivity forecast, breakeven, and inventory reports/pricing.
- Improve weekly purchase and monthly sales reports.
- Market Intelligence
- Scan external environment for opportunities and threats and recommend action based upon analysis.
- Sigma Summary O&G public data
- Compile and assess market intelligence including steel import and related sectors
- Competitor information
- Develop close working relationships with the President and other business leaders to provide decision support ensuring the needs of the business are identified and met.
- Serve as a trusted partner to Sigma’s business leaders; be a source for sound advice to drive strategically aligned and effective financial decisions
- Define relevant metric points to answer strategic business questions such as – saw efficiency, cost of a cut, capacity of warehouse operations, scrap handling.
- Identify and drive initiatives that continuously improve, automate and scale forecasting and reporting tools and processes
- Determine how to accurately cost freight and scrap on specific orders
- Help create quoting program
- Improve reordering algorithm
- Determine relative value/risk of individual items and customers
- Develop and execute financial strategy to ensure integrity of data, enhance profit and cash flow while optimizing balance sheet.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced finance manager or equivalent with well-developed finance skills. The individual’s technical strengths will include financial modeling, pricing options, and proven commercial abilities, as well as demonstrated business acumen, a positive and persistent attitude, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Required experiences and qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or Commercial area or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively increasing management experience in financial performance management, risk management, financial analysis and reporting.
- Possesses strong strategic thinking and analytical skills; market insight; communication and influence skills; business acumen; financial acumen; and creativity to develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrates impeccable judgment and decision-making, and a drive for results. Proactive with resourceful approach to problem solving.
- Superb intellect and the ability to process complex issues quickly and derive keen insights from seemingly disparate pieces of information.
- Superior standards of performance excellence.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- A “hands-on” approach with exceptional attention to detail, follow-through and superior organizational skills.
- A self-starter who works well without direct or close supervision and is able to excel in a fast-paced, unstructured environment with constantly changing priorities.
- An open, positive personal style and effective influencing skills at all levels.
- A team player with high personal and ethical standards.
- The potential to assume roles of increasing responsibility.