Reporting to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Finance Manager is responsible for and has oversight of the financial planning and analysis function. They will be responsible for the financial and strategic plan, budgets, monthly closes, SBU and Product Group reporting, and ad hoc requests. The qualified incumbent will perform financial analysis of actual performance and business plans. In addition, they will recommend and implement appropriate methods and techniques to be applied by the company in financial analysis and reporting.
- Oversee monthly consolidation, analysis, and publication of financial results and forecasts, including internal and external reporting.
- Manage the preparation of the planning process cycle of Financial Review, President’s Councils, Planning Conference, Profit Review and budgeting.
- Review reconciliations and HFM reporting.
- Enforce policies and procedures for product line and strategic business unit financial reporting and planning performance measurement and analysis.
- Capital expenditure budgeting and appropriation request evaluation. Evaluate major capital expenditure requests.
- Ensure internal controls and reporting requirements are adequate and consistent with general accepted accounting principles
- Report and interpret results of operations to BU management, comparing performance to operating plans and historical results.
- Use financial analysis and business acumen to provide decision support and/or make tactical and strategic recommendations in a variety of financial and non-financial areas at the business unit level
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate methods and techniques for financial evaluation of projects and be eager to accept stretch assignments and ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Encourage an atmosphere of teamwork, safety, creativity, trust and respect. Establish and maintain positive working relationships across finance and other functional areas to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Bachelor in Accounting, Economics, and/or Finance required
- 5 years of experience in financial analysis and reporting
- Ability to think critically, highly driven and self-motivated with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing cost accounting systems, inventory control systems, and experience managing accounting procedures and controls
- Skills in handling financial presentations and communicating with management personnel on all levels.
- Attention to detail, time management, problem-solving skills, and action oriented
- Strong computer skills including experience with a major ERP such as Oracle/SAP, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint. HFM experience highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written