LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB), an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies, and a member of the S&P 500. Every day, our diverse team around the world work around the clock to reliably and safely deliver the chemicals, polymers, fuels and technologies that advance solutions to our world's biggest challenges, including:
Providing protection against COVID-19:
- Provide complete set of Moplen and Metocene polypropylene grades for melt-blown applications such as surgical and respirator masks
- Donating facemasks and face shields
Approach to a more sustainable world:
- Sustainable and circular products
- Plastic waste in the environment
- Climate change
We are the leading producer of oxyfuels worldwide, as well as polypropylene in North America and Europe. We are also the world's largest global licensor of polyolefin technologies. LyondellBasell manufactures products and sells them into more than 100 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
OneFinance Intern Development Program:
The program enables students to obtain hands-on work experience by rotating into an array of functional teams within the Finance organization. The internship curriculum allows students to continuously develop, apply and strengthen skills required in a professional setting that will prepare for a full-time career.
The LyondellBasell Finance organization has team members located between Houston, London, Hong Kong, and the Netherlands.
- Finance and Accounting - Provide key Insights into operational results, helping to drive improved business performance. We specialize in Benefits Accounting, Executive Compensation Accounting, Financial Instruments, Treasury Functions, Hedging and Governance.
- Financial Planning and Analysis - Perform budgeting, forecasting, and analysis that supports major corporate decisions of the CFO, CEO, and the Board of Directors.
- Internal Audit - Provide the Audit Committee of the Board of Director, Stakeholders, and Management with an ongoing objective evaluation of the Company's internal control environment, in constructive manner that adds value to the business, by identifying opportunities to improve the reliability and quality of the financial, operational and management processes.
- Tax - Responsible for tax compliance, managing cash tax outflow, tax planning to minimize cash taxes and manage risk, tax audits, transfer pricing, tax reporting and support to other departments in making business decisions.
Roles & Responsibilities
Finance and Accounting:
- Create appropriate report / communications, reconciliations, flux analysis, and contribute on Continuous Improvement Teams
- Ensure the accuracy of the financial statements for which they are compiling through the application of GAAP and analytical investigation
- Execute top quality accounting and governance functional performance in areas of complex technical accounting and reporting
- Identify, initiate, and promote process redesign and improvements to enhance productivity and efficiency
- Perform processes for identified areas of responsibility including month end process order closure, journal voucher transfers, miscellaneous accruals, cost allocations as designed and 3rd party billings
- Will be asked to perform audit functions in applicable areas
- Demonstrate teamwork by cooperating with department members, sharing information, utilizing innovations of others, participating in group decision process, and accepting additional assignments as appropriate
- Develop the ability to identify and assess key risks and controls within assigned audit areas
- Expected to participate on teams and various project assignments and identify, initiate, and promote process redesign to enhance productivity, efficiency, and standardization
- Manages multiple priorities to meet deadlines and commitments
- Meet with employees in other parts of the business to understand the function being audited, prepare audit work papers and appropriate report / communications, proactively recommend improvements, and participating in Continuous Improvement Teams
- Must be highly self-sufficient and able to make self-directed decisions as well as support other team members in the department
- Perform accounting and analytical services for corporate and manufacturing departments including Audit, Fixed Assets, Inventory, and Manufacturing Accounting
- Prepare global quarterly reconciliations and tie-outs
- Prepare monthly cash tax projections for US federal, state, and consolidated global cash taxes
- Prepare various book/tax differences for the tax return and quarterly tax accounting calculations such as fixed assets depreciation, accruals, etc.
- Prepare various workpapers and returns for the consolidated tax return including partnerships, corporations, international, and state returns
- Various special tax projects
Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Provide financial and reporting support to the business segments and manufacturing sites
- Prepare monthly financial forecast for each business segment
- Plan and implement the annual budget and long-range planning process for the global organization
- Prepare financial package for monthly Business Review Meeting with CEO
- Prepare quarterly MD&A Segment Analysis package and earnings release support for External Reporting and Investor Relations
- Perform corporate modelling for long-range financial scenario planning and monitor the key business drivers
- Perform ad hoc analyses to drive effective management decision-making and maximize financial performance
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other business equivalent degree
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment which requires ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task
- Demonstrate basic knowledge in US GAAP and/or Tax principles
- Must be able to demonstrate a basic knowledge of GAAP, demonstrate organization and prioritization skills, and have advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be highly self-sufficient and able to make self-directed decisions as well as support other accountants in the department
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and spoken with the ability to work well with others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with emphasis in Excel
- Builds effective teams
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer focus
- Demonstrates courage
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
- Action oriented
Not Eligible for Referral Bonus.
Nearest Major Market: Houston