The ingenuity and commitment of our employees drive innovations across a wide array of markets and applications, enriching the lives of millions of people across the world. Our people-centered company offers incredible opportunities for those prepared to take responsibility for their future.
We’re currently seeking a Finance Data Analyst to join the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) organization in Huntsman’s headquarters location in The Woodlands, Tx. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who is interested in joining a growing organization within the company and helping to establish the patterns and practices of the team. The role is integral in developing and supporting multiple departments in the company along the journey of data analytics, visualizations, robotics, machine learning and more. This is a growth role on projects/matters of limited complexity and closely managed.
Come make a difference with us.
- Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, and data modeling to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, test business hypotheses, and make valuable discoveries leading to operational savings or growth.
- Assist with design of patterns for model deployment and development which are scalable, repeatable, and simple.
- Build strong multi-functional relationships among other teams.
- Assist with the design, implementation and deployment high-performance, efficient solutions and visualizations.
- Assist with translation of business objectives and priorities to help build a strategic analysis.
- Collaborate across teams to solve challenging, high-value analytical problems.
- Develop presentations around insights that can be understood by a variety of audiences - strategic, tactical, operational; and across functions - commercial, operations, finance, etc.
- Partner with key business areas to translate insights into solutions that can be validated and implemented
- Recommend ongoing improvements to methods currently in use/production.
- Assist with delivering informative and effective findings, results, and recommendations from statistical analysis to stakeholders, both technical and non-technical audiences.
What are the minimum qualification?
- Degree in business analytics, statistics, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent/related degree
- Very strong analytical and numerical skills
- Experience with creating data visualizations
- Strong computer skills using Excel and PowerPoint
- Critical view on data accuracy
- 0-3 years of related experience
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- A good understanding of data visualization tools and database interfaces
- Knowledge of statistical models such as Watson, Alteryx Databrick, R, or Python is preferred
- Knowledge of MS Power BI and IBM Planning Analytics is preferred
Required Huntsman Competencies:
- Critical view on data accuracy
- Links together pieces and is capable of listing pros and cons. Attaches importance and values to tasks.
- Achievement orientation
- Tries to do the job right. Uses specific methods of measuring outcomes against own standards of excellence.
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- A willingness to resolve issues and problems in a timely manner
- A resourceful self-starter with the commitment and drive to set and then meet or exceed high standards and objectives
- Team player
- Strong and open communication skills with team members and across diverse audiences
- The ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, promote ideas and proposals persuasively
- Ability to adapt and work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
*Sponsorship now or in the future is not approved for this role. *
What can we offer you?
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us!
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company’s Data Privacy and Protection information.
All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]” and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.