Responsible for coordinating activities with respect to grant funded projects and serve as principle contact for and with the Federal Transportation Administration (FTA/PMO). Responsible for assembling, analyzing, and coordinating the preparation and maintenance of current and accurate monthly and quarterly reports for the FTA. Coordinates with Program Managers and Project Directors during the project lifecycle. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Coordinates and interfaces with activities related to federally funded projects with the Federal Transportation Administration (FTA)/Project Management Oversight (PMO).
- Serves as principal contact with FTA for grant funded projects.
- Coordinates and prepares all monthly/quarterly progress, financial and milestone reports for submittal to FTA and to METRO working committees and Board of Directors from project inception until closeout
- Coordinates the communication of grant related activities within METRO departments.
- Coordinate with other agencies, trade associations and other persons/organizations regarding common interest in grant related matters.
- Develop timely response to FTA correspondence and questions.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with PMOC personnel.
- Recognizes and resolves FTA grant related issues of concern.
- Assists in the preparation of manuals and procedures (PMP) submitted to FTA and assists with ensuring compliance with those procedures.
- Provides excellent customer service to METRO internal and external customers.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred.
Years & Experience Required
Minimum six (6) years of progressive experience in public administration preferably in transportation grant programs or directly related field. Experience in management or project management desirable.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Knowledge of FTA funded project requirement including rules and procedures. Must have good organizational and analytical skills, with knowledge of accounting principles and statistical evaluation techniques. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Requires good verbal communication and technical writing skills. Ability to manage multiple complex assignments with strict deadlines a must.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.