Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT Position
Sunnova Energy is currently searching for an Executive Assistant to support the Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and the Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing & Growth Officer. This position handles a range of complex and confidential duties and requires excellent calendaring and prioritization skills, attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple critical requests at the same time. Additionally, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for making travel arrangements, calendaring, expense reporting and other necessary tasks as required, exercising independent judgement in accomplishing these tasks. The ideal candidate will initiate personal professional growth and development by meeting task processing goals, skills competency, and offer support on department-based goals which all contribute to the success of the organization.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT Responsibilities
- Effectively manages Executive’s calendars, appointments, and meetings.
- Anticipates scheduling conflicts before occurrence and reacts quickly and effectively to schedule changes.
- Composes and prepares correspondence, reports, presentations, and other complex documents.
- Assists in executives’ preparation for conferences and meetings, including preparing presentations, information and materials needed for client and management meetings.
- Conserves Executive time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Prepares reports and drafts statements and talking points by proactively collecting and analyzing information through various resources.
- Remains available for responding to situations when Executives are out of office on business travel, including travel changes, calendar updates, handling of in-office issues, etc.
- Handles catering needs for Marketing and Finance events.
- Arranges complex and detailed domestic and international travel plans, itineraries, visas, and documents for all needed travel.
- Exercises independent judgment in making day-to-day decisions with minimal supervision.
- Interacts with senior management and clients, with a high degree of tact and resourcefulness and with a professional demeanor.
- Manages sensitive and highly confidential information both internally and externally.
- Acts as a conduit and facilitator to and through the rest of the organization
- Provides phone coverage as needed.
- Maintains knowledge by reviewing professional publications and establishing professional networks.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: CMO and CFO
- Education required: Bachelor’s degree. Degree in English, Business, or Communications preferred.
- 10+ years’ administrative experience.
- Good clerical skills, together with computing and data entry skills.
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Expertise in communication/conferencing skills.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and accurately with great attention to detail with a high level of professionalism.
- Works with a sense of urgency and can multi-task.
- Exceptional ability to solve problems, exercising independent judgment, and coordinate with global team members.
- Ability to work in a rapid pace, very dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to provide innovative leadership in issues related to strategic sourcing, operating discipline, and quality assurance. Excellent written and verbal communications skills for phone calls, speech or talking-point preparations, reports, visitor interactions, and meetings.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Houston, TX
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston; discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process