LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The position is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, parking subsidy, and employee discounts. The ideal candidate for this position will be energetic, highly motivated, an excellent team player and be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with attention to detail. The successful candidate in this position will have excellent organizational skills, show initiative to improve current processes and workstreams, possess an outstanding attitude and customer service focus, and will have strong written and verbal communication skills. Due to the sensitivity of our work, a critical aspect of this role will be to maintain confidentiality with all daily activities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Professionally represent executives and the organization to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide administrative support to senior executives in the preparation of various reports and presentations, performing data analysis as needed, various other related initiatives and ensure complete accuracy of final products.
- Manage multiple calendars, Team Share sites and project libraries.
- Maintain confidential data.
- Maintain decorum, discretion, confidentiality and poise that are appropriate for the office of the executives & keep the executive informed of upcoming commitments.
- Proactively prepare and deliver daily briefings on key events, meetings, travel and other calendar items.
- Coordinate and manage domestic and international travel arrangements, prepare travel itineraries and prepare/submit expense reports.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings (including travel and catering set-up and reservations, hotel contracts, prepare agendas, meeting rooms, registration, meeting equipment, recreation, promotional items, billing, and managing outside vendors) both domestically & internationally and exercise judgment in taking initiative on pending action items.
- Develop communications to internal and external stakeholder groups. Initiate phone calls to a variety of internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the executives. Screen, prioritize and direct phone calls to the appropriate persons in the Company.
- Support the planning and coordination of major process, programs, and/or projects to ensure departmental goals are completed on time, and with optimum quality; processes/projects may include performance calibration, talent management, merit process, employee engagement, etc.
- Be available outside regular business hours to provide support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 8 years of prior, relevant experience is acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of three (3) years working effectively in high-pressure situations while managing multiple tasks and handling confidential and sensitive information (such as financial and employee data) with tact, diplomacy and sensitivity.
- Requires a degree of independence in completing job responsibilities prior to issue escalation; able to initiate administrative improvements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to communicate and coordinate workflow assertively and diplomatically at all levels in the organization, especially at the senior management level.
- Well-honed organization skills-manage workflow & projects effectively and timely.
- Able to manage & prioritize multiple projects at the same time.
- Comfortable working independently and making decisions; able to deal with ambiguity.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel (macros, pivot tables, V-lookup), Word, PowerPoint.
The successful candidate will have the following competencies:
- Instills Trust and Exemplifies Integrity: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Demonstrate Courage: Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said, acting with integrity, doing what is right.
- Building Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives, within and across functions.
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful. Uses lateral thinking. Questions the status quo.
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. Focuses on internal and external customers.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston