Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of ERISA Attorney/Employee Benefits Counsel within our Compensation and Benefits group based in Houston, TX.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide expert advice for non-qualified benefit plans, including assisting in benefit plan design and managing the drafting of plan documents, plan amendments, board resolutions and related agreements
- Provide expert advice and consultation regarding ERISA as well as the Internal Revenue Code, securities law and related HR laws as they pertain to employer-sponsored non-qualified benefit plans and executive compensation programs
- Monitor and analyze benefits-related legal and regulatory developments
- Provide support as needed related to qualified benefit plans, including: assisting with the benefit plan design and manage the drafting of plan documents, plan amendments, board resolutions and trust agreements
- Provide drafting/reviewing/editing oversight in connection with mergers of employee benefit plans
- Provide representation in matters before the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation and/or other agencies involving employee benefits plans
- Provide support regarding ERISA as well as the Internal Revenue Code, securities law and related HR laws as they pertain to qualified benefit plans
Executive Compensation and Securities
- Provide expert advice and drafting support related to executive compensation arrangements and compensation-related disclosure and corporate governance matters related to compensation, including providing advice and preparation, as appropriate, of filings under the Securities Act and Securities Exchange Act, include filings on Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K; proxy statement filings; and securities offering filings
- Review and prepare Compensation Committee materials for Occidental’s board of directors
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Provide expert advice and consultation and provide drafting and negotiation support regarding employee, labor and employee benefit plan implications of company mergers and acquisitions